cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create connection from Crystal Reports to Sql Azure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have crystal reports developed in CR XI R2 and are been used within ASP.NET application.

Recently we have published the application to windows azure and we were getting the following error.

Not implemented. Error in File Report{82929F11-8639-4364-A315-C9E48E8C1C96}.rpt: Operation not yet implemented.

So, I tried connecting directly from Crystal Reports to sql azure but received the following error

Not implemented.
Details: ADO Error Code: 0x800a0cb3
Source: ADODB.Connection
Description: Object or provider is not capable of performing requested operation.

I've tried Native client 10 and 11 but no success.

How would I solve this issue

I've also installed CR2011 trial version and I'm still receving this error.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Win Azure is not in the supported platforms documentation. Not sure when it will be.

I may be mixing this with another issue, but I believe Azure installs the client framework only(?). If that is the case, then CR will not work on it as CR requires the full framework.

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there an update to this question or is Win Azure still not supported.

Thanks,

Larry

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Larry

Thanks for checking on this. Support for Azure would be an enhancement and the most compelling way to get Program Management to look at enhancements is to see how much the feature is requested.

In November of last year, I created the following: MS Azure support for Crystal Reports in the SAP Idea Place. I also tweeted the Idea to the 400+ followers of the SAPCRNETSup feed.. The idea was looked at 51 times and voted up. Once. By me... Based on this as well as number of phone calls (zero) asking about support for Azure, I do not think this will be implemented any time soon, if ever. Sorry.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Thanks for the courtesy of a quick and thorough reply.  Off to the workarounds!

Regards,

Larry

Answers (0)