cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parameter log_archive_dest destination string cannot be translated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

When I am doing the brrestore restoring database files though a tape while doing a system  copy, I got following error in sapint gui. 

" ora-16032 parameter log_archive_dest destination string cannot be translated ".

I'm doing the homogenous system copy for oracle from the standby server. When i was exploring regarding the issue; some article says to check the init<SID>.ora and the parameter

log_archive_dest value.

it shows ->

*.log_archive_dest='/oracle/<SID>/oraarch/standby/PI1arch' 

When I check the following location there were no folder called standby. What will be the issue and guide me to solve this issue.

reg

Priyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Priyan,

As far as I understand that you are trying to restore standby database into another host and copied all the database profiles from standby to the destination. Isn't it correct?

If it is correct, go to "/oracle/<DBSID>/<DB release>/dbs" and modify the parameter in the "init<SID>.ora", as below;

log_archive_dest='/oracle/<SID>/oraarch/PI1arch'

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Orkun.

Yes I'm restoring from standby.

I create the PI1arch folder and provide the dba permission, but it not solved.

Any way I created the both standby/PI1arch folders. then retry again..

then the issue is solved. thanks again..for quick reply..

reg

priyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't create standby and PI1arch folders. Just change the path in the database profile. "/oracle/<DBSID>/<Release>/oraarch" must be exist on the host.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change the parameter in initSID.ora to right path OR create the required folder to recognize and proceed.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nick

thanks for quick reply..

reg

Priyan