Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we just develop new SAP ESS portal

but, when all service got error "

com.sapportals.portal.prt.runtime.PortalRuntimeException: Failed to lookup

External Link for:"

how to solve this?

we check PCD location in portal and backend already same.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  inez,

the error message that you have pasted is not complete , can you please paste the complete error message , I will be able to help you then.

Regards

shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

here is the error

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sapportals.portal.prt.runtime.PortalRuntimeException: Failed to lookup External Link for: portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.iviews/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.areagroup_overview

at com.sap.portal.pcm.iview.admin.PcmIviewCommon.getExternalLinkApplication(PcmIviewCommon.java:225)

at com.sap.portal.pcm.iview.admin.PcmIviewCommon.initLayers(PcmIviewCommon.java:132)

at com.sap.portal.pcm.iview.admin.AdminBaseiView.createAttrSetLayersList(AdminBaseiView.java:177)

at com.sap.portal.pcm.iview.admin.AdminBaseiView.getCustomImplementation(AdminBaseiView.java:131)

at com.sap.portal.pcm.admin.PcmAdminBase.getImplementation(PcmAdminBase.java:642

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Exception was thrown in preprocessing phase of application session 3_dSDO36ChmzTbe_pnQTRA--OSww*ng5wq2sBQYTtgHsYQ--. The causing exception is nested. RID=1ddc9cf2b17511e1bc050000019835c2

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doPreprocessing(ApplicationSession.java:663)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If that PCD location exists and looks OK, then please check the permissions on it too and check that user has read and end-user permission on the object.

To check if it is permission related, you can try with a super user first and see if you get the same error or not... if not then it is likely some permission issue.

Thanks,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii, we are giving all authorization, but still got error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inez,

I guess you are in Portal 7.3 version.

From the exception it looks that the system is looking for application that doesn't exist in NW730 version. I guess you are aware that the application component for MSS is changed in NW 7.30 release. The application component is SAP_MSS 630, the same applies for PCUI_GP and SAP_ESS. Please check if you have applied the correct application packages.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

yes we are in portal 7.3version. and we already applies ESS 633, MSS 630, PCUI_GP 633.

is there any other component/package we need to install?

thanks.

birojpatro
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Inez,

There are some ESS and MSS components missing from the WD Java ESS 633, MSS 630, PCUI_GP 633 versions. I got it confirmed from SAP.

Please find my blog for more details,

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-portal/blog/2012/03/30/my-experience-on-portal-73-upgrade-mig...

We have decided to go with EHP5 on the backend and the WD ABAP version of Business Packages on Portal.

Hope this will help

Cheers !!!

Biroj

Answers (0)