Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "SET SCREEN not allowed in subscreen" in ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If I execute the standard report RSSCD100_PFCG for a particular role then it gives me a small pop up window which also contains an ALV.

When I close the pop up window then the original output of RSSCD100_PFCG report is displayed in an ALV.

I've created a custom report where I am submitting standard report RSSCD100_PFCG via SUBMIT statement.

But for the above particular scenario the report RSSCD100_PFCG gives a runtime error in a popup window.

The error statement is "SET SCREEN not allowed in subscreen (screen: SAPLSBAL_DISPLAY 0101)".

But when I execute my custom report with the help of a background job then it works perfectly fine.

Due to the fact that the ALV output for report RSSCD100_PFCG is not generated in background and hence no  ALV is displayed in a popup window.

My requirement is to display the output of report RSSCD100_PFCG in an ALV via my custom report.

Is there any way that I can avoid this Set Screen error?

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant Gaur

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the following notes

971676     RFFMMDACT

1007934  FMCI_FYC

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the following notes

971676     RFFMMDACT

1007934  FMCI_FYC

0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Both of these notes are not applicable in my system.

I am getting error while I submit report RSSCD100_PFCG.

Thanks,

Prashant

0 Kudos

How are you doing the SUBMIT?

SUBMIT prog ...EXPORTING LIST TO MEMORY?

IF yes, can you try removing the EXPORTING LIST OT MEMORY and check.

SUBMIT PROG WITH...AND RETURN.

Thanks,

Shambu

0 Kudos

Hi Shambu,

I need to capture the output of report RSSCD100_PFCG.

If I wont export it to memory then how will I get the output displayed by RSSCD100_PFCG?

Moreover, I have debugged my report and the problem seems to be when the ALV is displayed.

Thanks,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I know that you want the details from the submitted report.

First we need to get rid of the error.

Can you please check and tell me if you avoid using EXPORTING LIST TO MEMORY, this error is coming or not?

You dont need EXPORTING LIST TO MEMORY to get the data from ALV.

You can use Class CL_SALV_BS_RUNTIME_INFO.

http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/blog/2011/07/07/gain-programmatic-access-to-data-of-sapgui-alv-rep...

Anyways, this is relevant if you can confirm my first point.

Thanks,

Shambu

0 Kudos

Hi Shambu,

Thanks for your reply.

I did not get that error, but I am getting the popup window which i get while executing the standard report RSSCD100_PFCG.

I do not want this window to be displayed on my output. What shall I do now?

Just out of curiosity, Why does it not give that error when we do not use EXPORTING TO MEMORY?

Thanks,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

You can try to send the report output to SAP Spool and read the contents from there.

This way it will not show the popup.

You can use RSPO_RETURN_ABAP_SPOOLJOB to read the spool contents and take it from there.

Thanks,

Shambu

0 Kudos

Hi Shambu,

Thank you, it worked for me.

Regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

How to use RSPO_RETURN_ABAP_SPOOLJOB .I am also facing same issue

0 Kudos

How to send report out put to sap spool and how to use this FM RSPO_RETURN_ABAP_SPOOLJOB