cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime on Windows 7, 64 Bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed the run time - Miscroft Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7, 64 bit.  What files do I need to cause Crystal Reports to open when it encounters a .rpt file?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010. Download links are here.

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did download and install Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 (CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_3.zip). But when I double click to open the .rpt file, I get message of unknown file type and choose the program I want to use to open the file. There are no files under the win64x64 directory from which to choose an executable. How do I tell it which executable file to use as the viewer?  Do I need to put certain .dll files in the System file or something?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to add the report file to a .NET project. When you double click on it there, you will get a CR Designer inside the .NET IDE.

If you want a stand-alone CR designer, then you need to obtain CR 2008 or CR 2011. An eval of CR2011 is available from here.

Please note that CR2011 does not include any SDK. One way to think of this is that Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 (CRVS2010) is the SDK for CR2011.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not real familiar with Visual Studio.  I have installed the Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010, but I cannot find where I can execute Visual Studio to launch it in order to create the .NET project.  Supposedly, it was packaged as part of the install.   I have looked in the SAP BusinessOjects directory and subdirectories and all of the Microsoft directories, but I don't see it.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See the below resources. If these don't help, some training on use of Visual Studio may be worth considering.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc301570.aspx

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 Walkthroughs (this will apply to VS2010 and CRVS2010)

Samples:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/JQBmBQ

Developer Help files:

SAP Crystal Reports .NET SDK Developer Guide

SAP Crystal Reports .NET API Guide

- Ludek