cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to delete and activate/install Environmental shell in BPC10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to perform 'Delete the environmentshell and activate it in foreground' steps in BPC 10.

Please advise me with steps to perform the same.

Thanks,

Kirthi S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirthi,

You can run the program UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT to deactivate the environment and use the same program again to activate it.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

Many thanks for the reply.

Can you please tell me how can i take the local backup of environmental shell before deleting it.

Regards,

Kirthi S

raghu_ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kirthi,

You can take the backup of Environment Shell by using the t.code UJBR - Backup and Restore AppSet in backend BW System. Go to UJBR, select your AppSet and you can take the backup by selecting the file path to save.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply. I am new to BPC. I have one more doubt "What is done once the shell is reactivated? Is there any data loss and if there are any post processing steps"

Regards,

Kirthi S

Message was edited by: kirthi s

raghu_ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kirthi,

The Environment Shell which is delivered with BPC contains only the Master data but not the Transaction data. Before deleting any AppSet please take the backup of the same in t.code UJBR so that you can restore it and activate.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirthi,

If you haven't done any modifications in the environmentshell, then restoring the shell will restore all the delivered content.

Usually, before you are deleting any environment, you should take the backup. However, this is not required for environmentshell, if you havent made any modifications in it.

Hope this helps.

former_member200880
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Niranjan

I ran the program to activate and correct if any errors in environment shell UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT

But mistake i have selected option clean, assuming that it would clean if any errors exist.

But the environement shell got erased completely , this is production environment.

please help as its production, what would the impacts of it not sure..

Please advise how can we restore

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

run activate content again and select activate BI business content.

Andy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirthi,

You can have a look at the below notes.

1615644  How to reactivate environmentshell

1632106 BPC NW: The environment ENVIRONMENTSHELL cannot be activated

Regards,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Many thanks for the very good suggestions.

As advised i have performed the following steps:

1. In quality system take the backup of Environmental shell using Tcode UJBR   ---- Done

1. Run the program UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT to deactivate ------ Done

1. Restore the environmetal shell(optional if there is no modification done in standard environmental shell appset) ----- Done

1. Run the program UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT to activate Environmental shell --- Done

1. Execute program UJA_DATA_CHECKER to view any messages/errors after installation -----Done

Please find the attached screen shot of BPC QA  Content activation result and Data checker result.

I can see a few errors in the activation. Can you please check the logs and see if these are acceptable errors and if there are any SAP notes.

Kindly advise me ASAP as we have golive soon.

Regards,

Kirthi S

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed the above steps as mentioned by Kirthi but with no success. So finally I logged a case with SAP and this is how we resolved it:

Resolution:
In order to completely clear any dirty data left in the system system we used
program UJAA_CLEAN_DELETED_APPSET (SE38).
After that we followed Note 1615644.
Program UJT_AFTER_FAIL_PROCESS worked but ENVIRONMENTSHELL activation
ended with several errors.
We used UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT to clean it and the subsequent activation
ended successfully using UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT.

Hope this helps.

-Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit - that solved MY problem!