Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notification Error

former_member611118
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a BPF with email nofication set. The smtputh and other configurations work fine and when i complete the relevant steps while i set the SMTPUSER to say abc@smtp.com the notifications are sent. However, i need to change the user to a more stable account say xyz@smtp.com. When i complete the relevant steps, the following error is displayed:

"A runtime error has occurred at server
- The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc69. The server response was 550 5.7.1

Client does not have permissions to send as this sender"

I'v run a test on the smtp user on MS Outlook and it sends and receives emails fine so am at loss on wht might the porblem be. Kindly help.

Thanks a lot.

Seyi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seyi

Hope you are well, SMTP response 550.5.7.1 is an unable to relay error.

Is the domain of the email address you are configuring allowed to relay within the exchange organization? ( The email or exchange administrator will be able to answer this question, provided you are running MS exchange, if not then you will need to investigate further )

There are several causes for this error,but the most common one is that there may be no recipient policy for the expected domain in the exchange organization.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Daniel

former_member611118
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Good to hear from you mate. Yeah am doing fine hope you are too. Hope to work with you again soon.

Doesnt look like a domian thing as a different account on the same domain was able to send the notifications. Is there a specific configuration required on the new email account for it to work? Thanks

former_member611118
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thanks a lo for your help. We have finally resolved it. What we did is to simply assign the same email address to all the users that will activate the email notification and they were able to send the noticiation. What we originally did was to assign each user their domain email addresses.

Thanks

Answers (0)