cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports not enough memory preview and print in SBO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem with custom CR layout at customer site. Basically it is a production order with a drawing in small version on page 1 and a big version on page 2. The drawings are about 80 to 100kb size, so not very large, same file is used for big and small version.

When trying to preview or export or print the layout in B1 (3 production orders -> 6 pages), only one or two drawings are shown, but the rest stays empty.

An error message appears from 'Crystal Report Windows Forms Viewer', saying 'It is not enough memory available for operation'.

Which drawings are shown is very random, so sometimes the first big and small appear, sometimes only first and second small but no big one, and so on.

This happens both on client and server side, CR is only installed on server side. Memory shouldn't be a problem on both, there is enough available and unused.

Testing the layout in CR, everything works fine and perfomance is good. Testing it on my development server inside of B1, it works also.

Thanks for your help

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the file format and its compression is the problem.

It is a *.tif format (compression with CCITT T.6 scheme), disk size for example 79kb, but axis length of 9925x7017 ... Programs like MS Office Picture Manager or IrfanView can handle this file without large memory consumption, even CR itself can do it without any problems.

But e.g. MS Paint on Windows 7 grows to over 500 MB RAM, when opening this 79kb file. I guess that Crystal Reports Viewer inside of B1 is also unable to handle this file format in a more 'compressed' way. When running the report, SAP B1 memory consumption explodes in 400-500 MB steps, depending on count of tif files in the report. So that explains the mentioned error message and the free space remaining, it is just too large.

I will try to use a smaller drawing instead.

Btw., is it possible with CR to attach PDF files dynamically?

Thanks

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

it is not possible to load PDF files dynamically, see following thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2139843

Remains the question, if CR viewer inside of SAP will be able to handle such large TIF files in future?

I suspect old .NET libraries or general bad graphics handling of CR viewer, because CR itself has no problems with it.

I curse the day I've chosen CR and not cores...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HiNot Active Contributor ,

Follow given 3 steps,

1.Check permission for the temp folder. Give Network service permission  to this folder and delete existing files in this folder.

2. Check printer page setup. Error will come if your using different company (ex samsung for designing and hp for printing ) of printers for designing and printing.

3. In meantime increase virtural memory to this system.

With regards,

Venki .A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

What is the printer in your customer site? Check if you can print it as a PDF file.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

we have tested a brother and an HP. The problem also occurs when printing as PDF and in preview. I am not sure, but I think weeks ago everything was working after I have implemented the layout and ran some tests.

But there was no change of any SAP component in the meantime.

Thank you

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try only keep one drawing to see if the error can be avoid.

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos