cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GLM - material specification assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

For GLM ( CBGL_MP01), as a matter of practice, one material should be assinged to only one specificaiton where as my client has same material assinged to real sub, trade sub etc...

How to overcome this issue and use GLM.

Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Reddy,

you can define at the IMG activity a default specification type for GLM.Open the the activity Specifiy Specification Types.

Select the specification type and set in the detail view the label-relevant falg

If you set only on the REAL_SUB the falg your problem shall be solved.

There is also a exit in the CBGL_MP01 were you can implement a more complex own filter so that i.e. only the REAL_SUB is used for GLM after your filter. To add your own filter filter you have to make an implemention of method CBGL_LB26_MATNR_TO_SUBID in BADI interface IF_EX_EHS_GLM_BADI_005

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Reddy

the same material number should only be assigned to REAL_SUB or DG_CL_SUB according to SAP standard. If the material is assigned as well to a "trade sub" then you need to ask your self: which data should be used (in this case which document = label). The same is true in other EH&S subscenarios (SVT, DG filling, HS filling, MSDS shipment etc.).

A third relation is not supported in SAP standard.

Sometimes it is possible to have a "sequence". This is rarely used in SAP EH&S. This is the case in DG filling process. Here first it is checked whether the material is assigned to DG_CL_SUB or then to REAL_SUB. I am not sure if there is an user exit available which you could use in CBGL_MP01 so that the label report is checked on REAL_SUB level and not on trade sub level. Further on you need to maintani normally the LabelView to help the system, to find the right label.

C.B.