cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS EHP5: How to make a field read-only?

srinivas_m2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to ESS/MSS using WDA apps, I have a copule of doubts, can you please help.

1. How to make a field on personnel profile as read-only? I have referred some blogs they all help to delete/make them invisible. but not to make them read only.

2. I need to display fields from a different infotype for ex within personal profile service (IT0002) I need to show emp ID from IT0105, I myself discovered how to add fields from same infotype for ex IT0002 in this case.

For Qs I found lot of theriotical ways but if some one can provide step by step apporach will appriciate.

Thanks in advance.

- Sreeni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member463524
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

You can refer to the following blog,

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/employee-self-service/blog/2012/06/13/summary-of-configuration-...

which explains that you can use the views V_T588MFRPOPS (SAP standard), V_T588MFPROC for changing the field properties as we do in WD Java application.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Meera

srinivas_m2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Meera,

Thanks for the answer it works poperly to make field Read-Only.

I used the same view to make a field Mandatory but it was giving dump. It seems  think we need to do changes some where else also like  feeder class.

Do you have any idea on my second class question also? on introducing new infotype with in Personal data application?

Thanks,

Sreeni.

Answers (0)