cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports login credentials keeps on popping up, prevent reports from showing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am upgrading my web application.

Before Upgrade

My database and web application were on same physical server as well as my .rpt files.

Using unmanage code (report document), I'm able to produce the reports without any issue and even the CR login credentials doesn't pops up.

During Upgrade

I have two virtual servers, both are windows 2008 r2 64bit (within the virtual environment).

say, server "SRVDB" is my database server where sql database installed.

say, server "SRVAPP" is my application server where my web application were installed and the ".rpt" files are stored.

Web app can access the database without any issue except for the reports.

In server "SRVAPP", using report document (unmanage code), when I tried to access the reports (through odbc DSN points to my database server "SRVDB"),

the CR dialog login credentials are keeps on popping up and the report doesn't show, even I filled up with correct value it still popping up.

I already installed Native SQL Client on my SRVAPP server (based on my research) but no luck.

What is the cause of this problem?

and what is the possible solution?

Thank you,

Erwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of CR are you upgrading to?

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I upgraded only the server, from Windows server 2008 (32bit) to Windows server 2008 64bit-R2.

All servers (old and new) uses odbc to access the reports.

I did not change any coding. I just upgraded the server and deploy my web app together with the.rpt files.

I created my .rpt files (version 13.x) using CR for VS2010.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your app is 32 bit, are you creating a 32 bit ODBC DSN? See KB 1505620 - How to create a 32 bit ODBC data source on a 64 bit Operating System for more details.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

My app is 32bit and I'm creating the odbc on my windows 2008 64bit server using administrative tools.

I think KB 1505620 is the solution.

I will try and let you know.

Thanks

Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

The KB 1505620 solved my web app CR login credential issue.

Thanks Ludek

Answers (0)