cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk solution in Solution Manager 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not a Soluion Manager expert and I need some help from experts like you. We have upgraded Solution Manager from 7.01 to 7.1 SP5 recently along with the migration of Service Desk tickets already in the system. Now, we have to do the following:

1. Create a new Service Desk ticketing system where a particular kind of tickets will be created and maintained. This will co-reside with the earlier one.

Question: How do we go ahead and create a new Service Desk ticketing system?  Would it be in the form of a new Solution or a new transaction?  Please help.

1. The new Service Desk Solution needs to have four customized fields based on which tickets can be searched and displayed.

Question: How do we create customized fields in the UI and underlying repository for this new solution/transaction which should NOT affect the earlier migrated tickets?

1. This new Service Desk Solution/transaction needs to be accessed from ECC 6.0/PI 7.0 to create tickets, close tickets and get a list of open tickets based on certain criteria.

Question: Are there any out of the box Web Services or remote Function Modules available in Solution Manager 7.1 which can be either called directly from ECC through RFCs or from PI? Please help.

Helpful answers will rewarded with points.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I got a task to implement a request form in service desk, which should be customized based on client request....

Can i create my own request form on service desk??

Please provide steps...

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

Request forms can be customized according to customer needs. There are three primary types of Request forms (Incident/Problem & Service Request) to use . For your case create a copy of SMRQ and follow the below steps .

1. Create a copy of SMRQ transaction.
  2. Create a copy of CRM UI form.
  3. Tailor the form to meet your requirements.

Regards

Bhaskar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhaskar,

I will try this i am not sure about (2) point.....

I have one more question I have read in configuration guide when Service order line item approves, service request created by system, it is true?

Thanks,

Manish Sisodiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

I am new to SolMan, do you have any document on this.. Please share or provide me little more detail on the procedure.

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

All the suggestions are to use SAPGUI or CRM Web-UI to create tickets in Service Desk. Our requirement is to create tickets automatically in Service Desk from ECC based on certain criteria in ECC. Hence, we need some kind of programmatic interface to Solution Manager. Are there no web services available in Solution Manager which other systems can call through programs to create, list and update tickets?

I find it quite hard to believe.

Please help.

Saumyendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saumyendra,

What I was trying to say was, you can create tickets in solution manager directly from ECC, but you will not be able to view those tickets in ECC/update tickets from ECC into solution manager, unless you make some enhancements to program SAPLBCOS, or unless you create a custom program in ECC, which uses the back RFC to pull the report from SAP Solution manager, and then update it. There isnt any out of the box solution available for it.

The webservice that SAP provides for extenral integration will not be helpful in your scenario.

Regards,

Sneha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. in solution manager 7.1, service desk functionality called as Incident management, alligned with ALM feature, You can follow the below guide to transmit your old 7.0 SLFN transaction type to new SMIN transaction type as incident manaagement

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000514762011E

http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman -> solution manager 7.1-> incident management

check this also http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27645 and the sap note 1567003.

2. customization of CRM UI, can be done some f the CRM enhancement tools like EEWB, AET. with the help f CRM functional person, I never tried this. but if you google with the name of those tools, you get some information

3. if you set up the RFC connection properly, you can create ticket from your satellite systm by usin g help -> create message , you even can assign appropriate display roles in incident management workcenter to the requestor to display the messages.

Please check

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jansi for your kind response.

1. Your response tells me how to convert the old tickets to the new type. How do I separate out tickets based on different solutions/transactions?

2. We have started looking into it.

3. We have found some remote enabled FMs CRM_ICSS_SRVREQ_CREATE - however where do I get the documentation? Are the following remote FMs obsolete?

CRM_SRVREQ_API                      Remote API for the Service Request
CRM_SSC_SRVREQ_CHANGE           Change Service Requests
CRM_SSC_SRVREQ_CREATE            Create Service Requests
CRM_SSC_SRVREQ_GETDETAIL       Read Service Requests
CRM_SSC_SRVREQ_SEARCH            Search Service Requests

Is there an email I can reach you -

Thanks again.

Saumyendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saumyendra,

Just to clarify on the third point mentioned in your question,

Are you looking at being able to create tickets, process them and get the reporting in SAP solution manager using the new transaction types?

Even if you use the old transaction types, you should be able to create the tickets in SAP solution manager by doing the basic configuration of service desk like maintaining the entry for OSS_MSG in the table BCOS_CUST.

So far, I have only seen the DSWP related FMs et all to be obsolete, and all the new incident types can be processed through CRM UI only. So any config around the newer transaction type can be done usign a little help from CRM consultants.

Regards,

Sneha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sneha

Thanks for the response regarding the 3rd point. This is what I want to do:

1. Create, list, and update (status change) of tickets from ECC. If Solution Manager 7.1 Incident Manager (Service Desk) can provide me with remote enabled FMs I can call these from ECC and do the job. If it can provide me with web services then I can send a message through PI which can call the web service. If they are available, what are these either remote FMs or web services and where is the documentation and usage?

2. After these tickets are created, I want them to be displayed in Solution Manager web ui which should not be a problem.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saumyendra,

I am not aware of any standard functionality to list tickets created from ECC in ECC. Primarily because all that can be done in Solution Manager. And SAP provides you the standard interface for integrating with third party service desks or with other SAP solman service desks. You can probably try to customise it, but It wont be of much help. So in case you want to be able to list the tickets created from solman into ECC (which I dont actually see a need) then you will need to use the tradition approach which you woudl use with other interfaces, create your own custon developed version.

And for point 2, yes, All these tickets will be displayed in the CRM UI, and the look and feel of which can also be customized as per your organization's requirements.

Regards,

Sneha Vyas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please experts - help me with this !!!