cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI4 SP4: List Of Values not getting displayed (appearing blank) in existing report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We recently migrated from BI4 SP3 to BI4 SP4. We developed WebI report (Source: BEx query) which was working fine in SP3 and displaying List Of Values.

After upgrading to SP4, when i select a particular 'Prompt' ( Cost Center,Fiscal Year or Cost Element) and click on 'Refresh' button in Prompt window , LOV's do not display any values.

In LOV window i can only see (--No Value--).

Can you please help me on this issue. Thanks much.

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephanieG
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Have you tried setting the variables in Webi's Query Panel?

We had the same issues with LOV not showing up that were resolved once we set those variables.

Cheers,

Stephanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

am facing same problem with SAP BPC 7.5

We are using BO 4.0 SP5 and BPC7.5 SP8, We have two application sets in BPC one is having less data and one is having more data and both are in same server.

When we connect to the small one we are getting all the members including detail (all hierarchy), But when we connect to Big one - it shows only the flat level and its not showing the hierarchy

Any idea?.

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you can see there is somebody who resolved by applying Patch 1, the adivice is to test with latest available Patch and if the case open a CSS message with support

Thanks

Simone

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

former_member209323
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try scheduling the LOV's from the BVM, then check the issue.

Regards,

Shreejith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ashish,

You managed to solve this problem?

I am having the same problem in BO 4.1 SP4.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue was never resolved. It was couple of years back when I faced this. The only alternative was to re design the complete report from scratch. Support team asked us to move to next pack for which business didn't agreed.

I suggest it will be great if you can move to BI4.1 as lot many issues (esp. BEx related reporting) are no longer there.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in a constant battle with the SAP service packs. The SAP techs always tell me my issues will be fixed in a higher service pack/Fix Pack. When we move to it, then we end up finding other issues. When I bring up the new issues with SAP, they say they will be resolved in a higher fix pack. it is like an endless cycle...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

as a workaround you can remap the query to itself, Data Access then change data source and map it to the same query.

Cheers,

Mahmoud

0 Kudos

Hello, Are you using hierarchies and bex variables in your bex query? If you answer is yes to any of those, could be this your problem. I am with the same problem. I open a ticket but still no good answer, If you had a workaround for this, please let me know.

former_member220449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Maria.

With SP05 update, webI is supporting hierarchy variables.

Thats why, you shall:

- Remove hierarchies from your webI query

- Save the query.

- Reopen the query, and put the hierarchy again.

This was what OSS suggested to us, and it's worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Our issue got resolved by applying the latest patches and we did not had any heirarchies.

Cheers,
Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I'd like to know the exact SP and patch level that you applied on your Business Objects platform.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

When we upgraded to SP04, we had encountered the list of values not getting displayed in the existing reports.

We fixed the issue by applying the latest patches for SP04 i.e. Patch1, 2 and 3

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

In my scenario this error was happening on a environment with SP4 Patch 4 (using Bex and BICS connections).

After applying the SP5 Patch 1 this error was solved, I know it's not the same patch level as yours, but on my environment the inidicated SP and patch level works.

Hope this helps others as well.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Rodrigo Espana,

After  applying  SP5 Patch 1  on BI 4 ,  do you see any  issue  with  List Of Values   to show ALL  option or select ALL option at prompt in WEBI Report?

Thanks

Anitha

former_member220449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We had the same issue after upgrade from SP04 to SP05.

The problem is strange, all of our WebI reports has hiearchies with Bex connection; some of them are working, some of them not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am facing the same problem on Cost Center prompt with SP4

I wonder if the issue has been resolved somehow?

thanks in advance,

Mahmoud

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what patch level are you on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on BO 4 SP4, but just last week find out that its a data problem, I am not expert with BW but when the hierarchy changed on SAP side it worked fine on BO.

Mahmoud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Did you find a fix to your Webi report which displays (--No Value--) for the prompts (source as Bex query) when you click refresh button?

We are facing a similar error as yours.

We recently migrated from BI4 SP3 to BI4 SP4. Our WebI report which uses Bex query as source was working fine in SP3 and displays List Of Values when we click refresh button but after upgrading to SP4, it does not work. When we click on 'Refresh' button in Prompt window  for 'period', LOV's do not display any values. It shows as (--No Value--).

I did the following test to trace the issue -

1. 'Period' and 'System' prompts works correctly on the Bex Query in Bex Analyser. Query displays results based on the values selected from the Period and System prompts

2.  New Webi report created using Web Rich client and BI Launch Pad on the same Bex query works correctly allowing user to select values for Period and System prompts. Results displayed based on the prompt values selected matches with Bex query results.

Appreciate if you could share your resolutions/observations for webi prompt issue.

Thanks,

Sandeep

After SP04 UpgradeBefore SP04 Upgrade - Dispalys values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

I guess it's time you create a ticket with SAP support, I am pretty sure this needs more investigation.

If re-start of servers is not helping, there could be something wrong with a specific workflow/prompt etc.

All I can say currently there can be "n" reason for this error message.

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

What is the behavior if you try to create a new report rather refreshing the migrated document?

Try to use the same objects only the report should be new.

In case you observe any behavior difference in this workflow, can you please create a ticket with SAP support.

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your response.I see lot many bugs.

Incase i create a new report using same objects:

1. (Refer to screen shot: LOV Issue in BI4 SP4- (Prompt From BW))

Scenario: If i pull up all the required objects and do not create any prompt in Query Panel, i see data getting displayed in new report.

Concern: If we keep creating new reports then purpose of Service Pack up gradation fails. We will have to do re development

2. (Refer to screen shot: LOV Issue in BI4 SP4- (2.Prompton Hierarchy do not shows Lov))

Scenario: As per requirement we need to create Query Filter on Cost Center Hierarchy. I am trying to use 'Member Selector' feature to create a prompt. Here to i see LOV's error. Refer to screenshot

3. (Refer to screen shot: LOV Issue in BI4 SP4- (3.Prompt with LOV Error))

Scenario: Lov's are not getting displayed for Prompts created in WebI.

Concern: Report won't execute as 'Member Selector' is making it Mandatory prompt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you paste the error message here?

Just try to re-start your APS and WebiProcessingServer once and see if any success.

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Please refer to my reply above. All 3 screenshots are attached.

Error related screenshot: LOV Issue in BI4 SP4- (2.Prompton Hierarchy do not shows Lov).JPG

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually the entire error message is not shown 🙂

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

My mistake . Here we go :

------------------------------------------

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.CommunicationException$UnexpectedServerException: An internal error occured while calling 'processDPCommandsEx' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)

at com.jidesoft.utils.SwingWorker.get(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.webi.qp.memberselectorbx.MemberSelectorTreeBx$2.done(MemberSelectorTreeBx.java:250)

at com.jidesoft.utils.SwingWorker$5.run(Unknown Source)

at com.jidesoft.utils.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

at com.jidesoft.utils.AccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

at com.jidesoft.utils.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Dialog$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.awt.Dialog.show(Unknown Source)

at com.jidesoft.dialog.StandardDialog.show(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.show(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Window.setVisible(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Dialog.setVisible(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.webi.toolkit.ui.dialog.GenericDialog.setVisible(GenericDialog.java:119)

at com.sap.webi.qp.resultobjects.ResultObjectQp.actionPerformed(ResultObjectQp.java:392)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Dialog$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.awt.Dialog.show(Unknown Source)

at com.jidesoft.dialog.StandardDialog.show(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.show(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Window.setVisible(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Dialog.setVisible(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.webi.toolkit.ui.dialog.GenericDialog.setVisible(GenericDialog.java:119)

at com.sap.webi.ui.workbench.datamanager.qpframe.QPFrame.showModal(QPFrame.java:294)

at com.sap.webi.ui.workbench.datamanager.qpframe.QPFrame.showQueryPanel(QPFrame.java:258)

at com.sap.webi.ui.context.managers.DataManager.showQueryPanel(DataManager.java:2587)

at com.sap.webi.ui.context.managers.DataManager.editDataProvider(DataManager.java:466)

at com.sap.webi.ui.action.data.EditDataProviderAction.onExecute(EditDataProviderAction.java:60)

at com.sap.webi.ui.action.data.DataProviderAction.onExecute(DataProviderAction.java:57)

at com.sap.webi.toolkit.ui.action.WebIAction.execute(WebIAction.java:476)

at com.sap.webi.toolkit.ui.action.WebIAction.actionPerformed(WebIAction.java:448)

at com.sap.webi.ui.action.type.ContextAction.actionPerformed(ContextAction.java:80)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.CommunicationException$UnexpectedServerException: An internal error occured while calling 'processDPCommandsEx' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.exception.ExceptionBuilder.make(ExceptionBuilder.java:144)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.exception.ExceptionBuilder.make(ExceptionBuilder.java:101)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.afterProcessing(CommonRequestHandler.java:127)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.AbstractServer.processIt(AbstractServer.java:178)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.AbstractServer.process(AbstractServer.java:133)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.InstanceServer.process(InstanceServer.java:94)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.services.util.ServerRequestProcessor.processServerRequest(ServerRequestProcessor.java:49)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.lov.service.processor.DefaultLovProcessor.getIntervals(DefaultLovProcessor.java:191)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.lov.service.processor.AbstractLovProcessor.getLovIntervals(AbstractLovProcessor.java:78)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.lov.service.LovServiceImpl.getIntervals(LovServiceImpl.java:177)

at com.sap.webi.qp.memberselectorbx.MemberSelectorTreeBx.getIntervalList(MemberSelectorTreeBx.java:721)

at com.sap.webi.qp.memberselectorbx.MemberSelectorTreeBx.access$000(MemberSelectorTreeBx.java:97)

at com.sap.webi.qp.memberselectorbx.MemberSelectorTreeBx$2.doInBackground(MemberSelectorTreeBx.java:238)

at com.sap.webi.qp.memberselectorbx.MemberSelectorTreeBx$2.doInBackground(MemberSelectorTreeBx.java:234)

at com.jidesoft.utils.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at com.jidesoft.utils.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.ServerException: An internal error occured while calling 'processDPCommandsEx' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.newServerException(CommonRequestHandler.java:260)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.createAllServerExceptions(CommonRequestHandler.java:238)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.afterProcessing(CommonRequestHandler.java:121)

... 18 more

Caused by: com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.ServerException: BOException caught:RESULT=80004005;WHAT=An internal error occured while kc3CoreEngineImpl is calling GetListOfValues

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.newServerException(CommonRequestHandler.java:260)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.createAllServerExceptions(CommonRequestHandler.java:236)

... 19 more

------------------------------------------

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

That's fine.

I guess if you just re-start your APS and WebiProcessingServer this error should go away.

Also try to refresh the same document from WebiRichClient and check if same error is coming or not.

This will exclude few assumptions.

let me know how it goes otherwise you have to create a ticket with SAP support team.

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

System Accessed and Scenario’s

Action Performed

What happen’ s with Prompts/Parameters LOV’s

Scenario 1:

In Server machine - Using existing WebI report “xxxx” and opening it in BI Launchpad (BO Portal)

In BO server log into : http://localhost:8080/BOE/BI

User: administrator

Click on ‘Refresh’ report -> Select any ‘Prompt’ -> In LOV’s window for any prompt click on ‘Refresh Values’

LOV window display no value for all the 5 Prompts/Parameter for existing Report in BI Launchpad. Previously in SP3 it used to display List of Values for all 5 Prompts. After upgrade to SP4 - LOV’s for existing report shows strange behavior and are not visible. Hence report can’t be executed.

1. P.S.: User will access reports in portal (BI Launchpad) and not on client tools. So it needs to be fixed

Scenario 2:

In Server machine - Using existing WebI report “xxxx” and opening it in WebI Rich Client

User: administrator

Click on ‘Refresh’ report -> Select any ‘Prompt’ -> In LOV’s window for any prompt click on ‘Refresh Values’

LOV window display no value for all the 5 Prompts/Parameter in WebI Rich Client. Previously in SP3 it used to display all List of Values. After upgrade to SP4 - LOV’s for existing report shows strange behavior .

Scenario 3:

Creating a New Report on same BEx Query in BI Launchpad and Replicating ‘xxxx’ using BEx query: BEx 1 and BEx2.Pulling same set of objects and creating a Prompt in Query Panel

Creating a prompt in BI Launchpad WebI for Cost center

Output 1: For BEx Variables, we get LOV’s on Refresh

Output 2: For prompt created in WebI report - we do not get LOV’s and it throws following error:

com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.CommunicationException$UnexpectedServerException: An internal error occured while calling 'processDPCommandsEx' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)”

Scenario 4:

Creating a New Report on same BEx Query in WebI Rich Client and Replicating ‘xxxx’ using BEx query: BEx 1 and BEx2.Pulling same set of objects and creating a Prompt in Query Panel

Creating a prompt in WebI Rich Client for Cost center

Output 1: For BEx Variables, we get LOV’s on Refresh

Output 2: For prompt created in WebI Rich Client report we do not get LOV’s and it throws following error:

om.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.CommunicationException$UnexpectedServerException: An internal error occured while calling 'processDPCommandsEx' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)

Can you pls suggest what can be the issue with LOV's in BI4 SP4.

Regards,

Ashish