cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while registering SUP on AWS :TemplateURL must reference a valid S3 object to which you have access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to get my own Sybase Unwired Platform access on AWS.

I am following the steps in the document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30502

After accepting the License agreement in SCN and once directed to AWS website, in the "Create Stack" screen I am encountering an error "TemplateURL must reference a valid S3 object to which you have access." ,

I have not changed the default URL proposed https://s3.amazonaws.com/awssapsuplaunchuseast1/SUP.template

Please advise what could be the reason for this error.

Regards

Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

the problem is fixed. We upgraded to a new AMI to fix some errors on the Image itself and had to therefore create a new AMI. This new AMI was not reflected in the authorization functionality.

It is gain possible to create images in all regions again.

Best

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ingo and your team

Its working fine now.

Regards

Guru

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

sorry for this. Currently none of the AWS Regions allow you to create the image. We thought we had solved the problem but the fix did not give the desired result. I will put a Anouncement up on the DevCenter and keep you updated on the status.

Best

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

It seems that you are the first one who is having this issue. I just tried one again myself and it went through just fine. Can you try again using another browser? Probably browser related issue? In which region are you creating your image?

Please also note that you can only initiate the template from SCN form which you need to put your Account ID in. Go here.

Best,

Rocky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rocky,

Its strange, I tried on Windows as well as on Mac and tried it out in all most all known browsers and still I get the same error. I even created a new AWS account and still the error exists.

I am following the steps as detailed the document.

1. Logging on to SCN with my ID
  2. Accepting the agreement
  3. It takes me to AWS screen as shown in my previous post and when I hit continue, the error comes out and I cannot proceed further.

I am creating for Singapore region. However, I changed the regions to all available regions in AWS and the error remains same.

It looks like the https link (for Template URL) proposed from SCN when AWS is called has some permissions issue.  Is there any settings to be done in AWS? like any ports to be opened?

In AWS i have access for almost all the AWS  services.

Regards

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rocky,

Getting similar error as Guru. I'm based in Singapore, and tried to create it in the different regions but its still not working. Even tried different browsers.

Could you kindly have a look at it?

Thanks

Brendan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

would like to confirm that this is occurring for myself and 2 of my colleagues (We are trying to get a single SUP service up on AWS for building and testing an application).

If I go to the template URL it gives "AccessDenied":

<Error>

<Code>AccessDenied</Code>

<Message>Access Denied</Message>

<RequestId>5DCEFA9961C0457B</RequestId>

<HostId>

HWnm3ZHDahAK/U8eQ/oMtuaN/+nJlwcdsajRn9EtXnJfec2lynNwNmEU+ZtyWQYa

</HostId>

</Error>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, there seems to be some issue during the bucket initialization. We are working for a fix now, I will update the thread when we found where the issue is.

Thanks for your patience.

Best,

Rocky