cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a custom hierarchy in Web Intelligence with BEx query as a source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a BEx query which contains Country, State and City as three separate object. I am interested in creating a hierarchy as we used to create in Universe earlier. I am not interested to use SAP based hierarchy. Is it possible to achieve this? I am using SAP BI4.0 SP04.

Also I have observed that hierarchy in WebI appears twice with two different icons (3 steps with arrow and 3 steps green right sign) any body knows its significance? How different are they in behavior?

Regards,

Girish Oak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Girish,

The only option you have in creating a custom Hierarchy is created a Relational UNX using the BICS connection.  Within the UNX you will be able define the custom hierarchy.   You CAN NOT a customer Hierarchy using WebI or any other tool if you connect direct using BICS. This is you only option.

Good Luck,

Ajay Gupta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In Universe we have the option of creating the Custom hierarchies.so select the dimensions in the order wise create the custom hierarchy.

I think there is nothing diff b/w them, behaviour wise also both are same...

regards

ASHOK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I am not using universe in between. I am using BICS client only. Any solution without using universe?

Regards,

Girish Oak

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please see Ajay's answer of  Aug 21, 2012 2:41 PM