cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable buttons in CRM WebClient UI

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I heard that buttons can now be made configurable, too, i.e. they can be shown/hidden (maybe also enabled/disabled) depending on the technical role key, component usage, object and sub object type, just like fields or column on the UI. Does someone know more about this? Is this available with CRM 7.0 EhP 1 or only with EhP 2? Does someone know where I can find more information about this, how to do the configuration? (I know that not all buttons from existing views and viewsets have been enabled to be configurable by SAP.)

I tried to find something in http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/CRM/CRM+Web+Client+UI+Framework but I only find examples for how to hide buttons via code, not via configuration.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

monika_eggers
Active Participant

I still can't find information about button configuration there or elsewhere, everything on that wiki page refers to coding. Any hints?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika.

As I know button configuration feature available only in EHP3. In EHP1 and EHP2 there isn't this this functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ivan Hello!

We installed EHP3, but i don't see configuration button function in WEBUI.

Could you tell if we missed something? May be we need to switch any business function or make some spro configurations... anything to check?

Katya

rb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you find a solution. We are on EHP3 but I dont see the buttons in configuration mode

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No, sadly.

jyguyomarch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Monika, Hi Richard,

It seems that we have a real gap about documentation for this feature as it requires to be enabled with some custom development for the OVP where it is not yet done (not a lot of development I promise).

I will try to provide an How-To guide as soon as possible.

BR - JYves

jyguyomarch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi and ,

I have published a small guide on Button Configuration:

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

JYves

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you lots for writing this!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Monika,

I found some corresponding sap notes, which enable this feature in SAP CRM EhP 2.

Actually I didn't found futher information.

Kind regards,

Peter Weigel

sunnyk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Monika ,

Could you please elaborate your requirement in more details so that I can help you out of this problem. Bases on the technical role key, component usage, object and sub object type we can hide, delete, assignment blog ,buttons.

I have a requirement where i had to change assignment blog bases on the configuration.

you can put some condition where this configuration is coming then only you will changed the button property. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sunny Kumar,

I am not Monika ;-), but I can tell you three issues:

1. We can find no information about this feature. There exist no documentation and no release note. Right?

2. This solution seems only work on overview pages and not on toolbar buttons of assignment blocks. Right?

3. Buttons can be hidden by UI Configuration. But there is no way to hide or disable (this are two different states!) depending on pfcg authorities. Right?

I would be very happy If you could bring some light into the dark. 😉

Kind regards,

Peter Weigel

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Peter got it right.