Did you mean: 

Formatting error in the field COBL-KOSTL - Message no. 00298

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sap Guru's,

I'm using Revaluation program and I'm facing to this issue:

Message no. 00298 - Formatting error in the field COBL-KOSTL

Diagnosis

During batch input or when executing CALL TRANSACTION... USING a screen field was filled with an invalid input format.

System response

Processing was terminated.

Procedure

The screen field has the technical name COBL-KOSTL . The cause of the error is described in the following message.

Correct  the appropriate BDC data.

OKB9 setting is complete so I do not understand why we have this error message? The workaround is to complete manually the batch input but it's not feasible..

On Field Status Group for this account, Cost center information is a mandatory field.

Can you please help me on this issue? Is there a solution to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Karim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karim,

Please check OSS note: 1709638.  Also, try processing the batch input by selecting the processing mode "Display errors only" and under Additional Functions check "Expert mode" to nail down the error.

Regards,

Elias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

In order to resolve the problem, you can define field KOSTL as optional input field for the accounts in question, and additionally define a corresponding validation rule to ensure that the cost center actually

is specified. When processing the valuation document, the posting modules should derive the corresponding cost center from OKB9 correctly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anushya