Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistencies error while updating classification data through Idoc

former_member188914
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are having a scenario where we are updating material classification data through CLFMAS02 idoc. This is inbound to SAP. Some of the idocs are not getting posted. The SLG1 log says:

Inconsistent characteristic value assignment. Message no. C1821.

What is causing this problem ? Need suggestions.

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

This could happen if

1) YOu have maintained some values for certain characteristics and while the inbound Idoc is coming it is having a different value i.e other than those allowed.

2) Or it could be that the values coming from Idoc are not passed correctly if there is some custom code. I mean numeric value may be mapped to a character value or vice versa.

best regards,

swanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

please check Note 1699843 also.

best regards,

swanand

former_member188914
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swanand,

How do I check the range overlapping. In CT04 "Number of Chars" is maintained as 18 for say xx characteristic.

I have already checked the values which are to be updated. These are maintained in ECC system. The SLG1 says "inconsistencies". If there would have been any wrong value it would have shown the incorrect inconsistency.

Thanks,

Vivek

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try to matain the the classification with CT04 using the values that you have in the IDOC, this will give you usually more info.

The application log does not tell you much more in case of inconsistency

do you create the IDOC yourself or is it an IDOC coming from another system?

in case of an other system, then you may check it there.

former_member188914
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

The Idocs are incoming to SAP system. Do you mean that if there are inconsistencies in the source system, then this will also cause inconsistencies in ASP system.

thanks..

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have inconsistencies in the source system, then it will not cause inconsistencies in the target system, because the IDOC cannot be posted.

But you can only correct this problem by removing the inconsistency in the source system, or manipulating the IDOC before posting it in the target system.

if your source system is a SAP system, then you can use report RCLAUSP3  to remove inconsistencies

Answers (0)