cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Author on WebI 4.0 Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our client is using a template to develop their WebI reports and they'd like to be able to change the "Author" ID that appears in the document properties. I believe in older versions this could be done with a simple "Save As" from the template and the new document would take on the ID of the person executing the "Save As"; however this does not appear to work in 4.0. The new report generated from the "Save As" retains the Author ID from the original report. Any Ideas? Points for a correct answer!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

There is no direct way other than SDK based solution. hope the below could be useful, but you have to convert them to make them compatible to BO4.0

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=150183&sid=74f7e2df6bc24b205661cac7fcf319bf

and this

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?p=684439#684439

this is the final working code for us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IInfoObjects reports = Utils.getInfoObjects(infoStore, query);

String oldowner = "";

for (Object o : reports) {

IInfoObject iObject = (IInfoObject)o;

oldowner = (String)iObject.properties().getProperty(CePropertyID.SI_OWNER).getValue();

// Change the owner

iObject.properties().setProperty(CePropertyID.SI_OWNERID, newOwnerID);

// Change the submitter if it is an instance

if (iObject.isInstance()){

ISchedulingInfo schedInfo = iObject.getSchedulingInfo();

schedInfo.properties().setProperty(CePropertyID.SI_SUBMITTERID, newOwnerID);

}

System.out.format("%s\t%s\t%s%n", iObject.getTitle(), oldowner, NEWOWNER);

}

System.out.println("Saving...");

infoStore.commit(reports);

System.out.println("Complete");

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manikanda,

Can you please let me know, where and how can we execute this script ?

I never worked on this Java SDK . it would be great if you could let us know step buy step.

Thanks.. Sai

akhileshkiran
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please elaborate the solution please. How to implement this using the SDK

Regards,

Akhilesh Kiran.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

This is Thanigaivel Vivekanandan, I have a similar kind of requirement in BI 4.1. I am not well versed in SDK, Just want to know a high level idea on how to do this? Please guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

My apologies.. I was wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, this changes the document authors name only.

Try using the below function in your report and check it:

DocumentOwner()

Description

Returns the InfoView logon/user name of the owner of the document (the last person who saved the

document).

DocumentAuthor()

To return the original author/creator of the document.

Regards

NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm a bit amused as to why experts are suggesting an esoteric approach to such a simple task.

To change the owner of Reports in Webi 4.0, just download the report in 'WEBI Rich Client', refresh the report(and save) and then override the same report to repository.

The report thus saved in repository will now contain Owner as your name.

Regards

NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

This only changes the report owner, not the report author.