cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create geo maps in SAP UI5

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on SAP UI5 application and I want to generate a geo map like google maps but i do not want to use google maps due to some security constraints.

Can someone help me with the code to generate the geo maps since I couldn't get any information online on how to create geo maps.

Please guide.

Thanks & Regards,

Priyanka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191810
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

If you don't want to use GoogleMaps you can try http://www.openstreetmap.org/

Is a free

Coding you JScript file to configure maps is easy like GMaps, and there is nothing special to do with SAPUI5 because all thie work is done by that framework in Javascript

Sample code is here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenLayers_Simple_Example

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your answer.

Does these open source tools like d3.js, openstreetmap, google maps meet the SAP product standards?

I also know that we can use sap.viz library to create maps from sap library. Is this correct? If yes, I am trying to use the library in my code but it gives an error. Do you have any idea or if you can provide with the sample code.

Kind Regards,

Priyanka

former_member191810
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

Remember that SAPUI5 is a framework based on JScript. So any other frameworks integrated with this toolkit works in the same way as another web frameworks.

You can use that native library, but according to other web projects based on UI5, more developers tend to work with GMaps or OpenStreet.

PS: I'm gonna check something about sap.viz.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are talking about GMaps, we have created the ultimate GMaps component.

More importantly it comes with the proper licensing that would be needed to actually roll something into production. A lot of folks miss that part

CMaps Analytics is actually the only Google Maps integration for SAP that comes from an official Google Maps Technology partner so with that comes an SLA to make sure you succeed and have a throat to choke should something not work as you expect.

Happy to set up anyone from SCN with a free license. Cheers

Embed CMaps Analytics powered Google Maps into SAP UI5, Fiori, and HANA Apps

christopha1
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

avital_ben-natan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know if it's still relevant but I've shared a ui5 custom control to work with maps here. You can see the demo here, and blog here.

Katan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Another really good options is Leaflet.js & Cloudbase for Basemaps (& openstreetmaps ).  I am working in this space, but I'm yet to start work embedding it into a UI5 app.  I'm looking to leverage new spatial capabilities in HANA for spatial enablement of SAP data. 

It's a bit more flexible than ESRIs ArcGIS for JS, which is tightly integrated with services exposed via ArcGIS Server/Cloud). ESRI themselves provide a plugin for ArcGIS support in Leaflet, which is quite nice.  I actually looked into using ArcGIS first, but soon gave up as I did not have the ArcGIS server to work with.   

Check it out & let me know what you think.  There is a lot of good plugins for it & a lot of good demos on their site & the plugin providers to get you started. 

Manoj - Thanks for that tip on HTML control.  Might save me some time when I start on this hopefully next week.  Not really looked into UI5 much. 

Regards,

Katan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

You can use some another geo maps service provider api like ARC GIS,Bing Maps,Yahoo Maps

www.esri.com/software/arcgis‎, via ARC GIS you can customize many more things,this provide a wide range of api.

You can integrate along with HTML Control.

Regards

Manoj

rahul_mb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

I think the blog mentioned below will be of great help for you.

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/front-end/blog/2013/08/02/creating-sapui5-applications...

Regards,

Rahul MB