Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI4 SP4 Database error: (CS) Unexpected behavior

david_lai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

This only started happening in BI4 SP4 when we did an upgrade from BI4 SP2

Note that tests were done on BI Launchpad.

It's a really weird problem where if a user opens an existing WEBI report from BI4 SP2 and refreshes the document for the first time you get an error saying

Database error: (CS) "Unexpected behavior : Generic application exception". (IES 10901)

However if you try refreshing again, it will then refresh okay. (Weird that it doesn't work on the first refresh but then starts working on the 2nd refresh).

On top of that, if you create a new document with the same universe in SP4 and run the query on WEBI in BI Launchpad, it runs fine.

Well I started playing around with the security settings and found something weird on the connection settings.

Before in BI4 SP2 we didn't have to set "Download connection locally" to "Granted".  However we now have to do so, which doesn't really make sense if a user is refreshing a document in BI Launchpad.

On top of that, why does it work when you refresh it the 2nd time and why does the error only come up for SP2 migrated reports?

Anyhow just wanted to let any SAP reps out there know that this is probably a bug IMHO.

Thanks!

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Did you find any additional information into root cause and resolution of this problem?  I'm not facing the same issue on SP4 Patch 8.

Thanks,

Mike

david_lai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I ended up just using the solution I mentioned above.  Not sure what the problem was but seems like SAP fixed it then if you didn't experience it in SP4 Patch 8.

Thanks

David

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We also got this error:

Database error: (CS) "Unable to connect to the InfoStore" . (IES 10901) (WIS 10901)

while a user is trying to create a WEBI report on UNX universe. In our design , we assign "View on Demand" Access Level on Connection which was working fine till now.

In our current project, we got few new connections and universes and now while creating report using these we are getting this error.

Granting the right Download connection locally on connection fixed the issue, but i am not sure why this issue came up.

If anyone have insights on this, please share.

Cheers!!

Dinesh Agarwal

nick_vanlent1
Explorer
0 Kudos

We were getting a similar error in our production system: Database error: (CS) "Unable to connect to the InfoStore" . (IES 10901)

Granting the "Download connection locally" permission fixed the problem.  What I'm trying to figure out is that we did not have to do this on our development system.  Both systems are at the same version and patch level (BI4 SP4 with no patches), and the security settings were the same in CMC as far as I can tell.  Does anyone know if there are certain situations when that permission is needed and others when that permission is not needed?

Thanks,

Nick

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Please refer to the following article for assistance:

1619829 - BI 4.x Error "DBDriver failed to load IES 10901 WIS 1090" when creating a webi report from Webintelligence application on Oracle

Links:

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

and Following activity you need to define ORACLE_HOME on the system variables as per the snotes.

Add ORACLE_HOME in the system environment variables. Verify that the environment variable PATH is also populated with the oracle path.

Hope this will help you as well. After completion of activity please close the thread.

Thanks,

Daya