cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use File Content Conversion for SFTP(receiver) adapter with 2 structures?

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All.

our scenario is Sender->Proxy to Receiver->SFTP(file).

How to use the functionality of File Content Conversion in sftp adapter?

There is no option called file content conversion in sftp, So we tried to use message transform beans in place of fcc.

in our receiver structure we have two sub structures like detail and trailer.

now how i can pass the data to detail and trailer using message transform beans.

my receiver data type:

my SFTP receiver communication channel,

Above mentioned Fixedlengths are for detail records.  How can i pass the fixed lengths for trailer records?

As my output file will be containing multiple detail records and only one trailer record at the end.  I am able to achieve it in normal file adapter with file content conversion mentioning both detail and trailer for the fieldfixedlengths. 

In SFTP adapter how is it possible to declare for these 2 structures???

Thankyou,

vishnup.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>> There is no option called file content conversion in sftp, So we tried to use message transform beans in place of fcc.

Definitely a good idea, this is how it should be done

For an example on how to use multiple structures in the receiver SimpleXML2Plain, use SAP Help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/24/4cad3baabd4737bab64d0201bc0c6c/content.htm

Regards,

Greg

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Grzegorz.

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Grzegorz.,

we follow your link but we got "processed successfully" in sxmb_moni.

but got an error in run time work bench.

error is:

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.adapter.trans.TransformException: Transformer Conversion3.0.5226 Error initializing Class: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.Exception: Error(s) in XML conversion parameters found: (4408) Parameter 'xml.fieldFixedLengths' or 'xml.fieldSeparator' is missing (4409) ; nested exception caused by: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.Exception: Error(s) in XML conversion parameters found: (4408) Parameter 'xml.fieldFixedLengths' or 'xml.fieldSeparator' is missing (4409) .

why we got this error?

and how we rectify this issue?

Thankkyou,

vishnu

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vishnu,

Looks like you did not provide fieldFixedLengths or fieldSeparator for one of the structures. Even if Detail and Trailer use the same attribute here, you have to specify them separately in the Bean configuration, e.g. like this:

xml.Detail.fieldSeparator = ;

xml.Trailer.fieldSeparator = ;

Regards,

Greg

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Grzegorz,

0 Kudos

Hi, the link is not working anymore, can you post a working link or some keywords to find it easy inside the sap library?

Thanks.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

If you are looking for MessageTransformBean configuration parameters you can check this blog.

Regards,

Praveen.

0 Kudos

Thank you very much Praveen, it's really helpful.

Answers (0)