cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i change price control S

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

By mistake in material master price control has become S bt it would be V can i make it ?

mr 21 is possible for changing price how can i solve this

pls help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

• From moving average price to standard price

You cannot make this change in the following case

If the standard price comes from costing and is not equal to the moving average price

can u help me to understand this

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The basic meaning is that the moving average price and the standard price have to be equal to carry out this change.

A standard price is usually used for finished materials, and finished materials are produced inhouse from several components . This standard price is in general not entered manually, instead it is calculated based on the material BoM, and the time needed to produce that material  and machine costs etc. Such calculation is done monthly a then the cost estimate is released.

In this case it is not possible to change the standard price using MR21, you will then get an error message.

So you need to change the moving average with MR21, which will then cause a revaluation of your existing stock. And after you have done that you can change the price control from V to S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, so it means if my standard price valuation is 100. if i change price control frm S to V the it has to be also 100.If i want to change price control for raw material frm S to V via MR21  is it possible?

You told that for finished product standard price is not entered Manually and in that case i can't change price control from S to V.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

S to V is always direct possible in MM02

for V to S you need an equal price.

I did not say that S price is never maintained manually,  if you do not use product costing, then there is probably no other chance than maintaining it manually (which includes mass update programs like batch input)

But how it is done in your system is something that you should know.

if the price is maintained manually, then you can always use MR21 to change the price.

if you cannot change the S price, then change the V price to make it equal so that you can finally change the control.

Alternative: add the message 155 in OMRM with message attribute information (instead of error) against your user account,  and then SAP will allow to change the standard price even when a cost estimate exists

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

milan_chowdhury
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can change price control to V from S at any time in Material Master, maintain V price accordingly and values will be recalculated....

Regards,

MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Prasent Costing run material we are not change price control V to S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the price control in MR21, but it is advisable to do only when there is no stock for the material. If you have the stock, then issue the total stock to a dummy cost center and then change the price control. Once you have changed the price control reverse the goods movement (stock issued to cost center).

Also, make sure that there should not be any open orders when you change the price control.

If you have any open P.O's, mark them as deletion and you can undelete after the price control change.

Let me know if you need any help, i have done this excercise many times.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

• From moving average price to standard price

You cannot make this change in the following case

If the standard price comes from costing and is not equal to the moving average price

can u help me to understand this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this Example..............

U can do that by following the steps -

scenario - changing the price indicator from V to S and as on that date - material price with V is 10 and S is 15.

go to mr21 and put the new price as 15 ( u will have to equate both the prices , then only u can change the indicator )

go to the material master and change the indicator to S.

but u will have to be sure that there is no stock in this material master , else there will be accounting entries for the differences in prices which will be posted to the revaluation of materials accounts . this in general is not advisable.

Anil

Message was edited by: P J Anil Kumar