cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Sort within WEBI Business Objects 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a custom variable and I am unable to select/sort the values which populate from the variable. I can do this with a standard dimension which naturally comes from the universe. Any suggestions for a work-around?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carter,

Right-Click on any Column choose Sort - Manage. You should now get a pop-up, choose the Objects to SORT.  You will also see option to do Custom Sort on the same pop-up.

See screen-shot for more details

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I attempted those steps yesterday and they didn't work but today for some reason they are working. I don't know if I didn't have the variable highlighted correctly to allow to see the custom values or if it was something else.

Thanks everyone!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carter,

If you are trying to apply Custom sort on a Variable whose type is 'measure' object. It is not possible.

But try changing the object type to Dimension or Detail, then you can apply Custom Sort(Custom Values).

Please refer above screenshot by ajay. Click "Values" button. and then, move the values up or down using arrows.

Hope it helps!!!

-Parthiban

Transaltus

manesh_ks
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Carter,

Custom variable values are created during run time, so you wont be having the values when you click filter over the variable column.

try Ajays idea by manually adding values but the value format should be same as custom variable.

thanks

Manesh