Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties Values are passed when not included in Inheritance Template

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have and Issue. I has created in Inheritance Template.

Lets say I have Included P1, P2 & P3 property  in Template.

and Not included P4 in template.

When I create Inheritance Relationship between Specification Source S1 and Target Specifcation T1 the alues of P4 are passed.

How to disble this behavior.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mangesh

such a behaviour is strange and should not happen. If the inheritance template has been prepared correct and you have specified exactly three properties/value assignment types to be inherited than only data in these properties are inherited and not additional ones.

Please check your template; please may be check which usages are part of the template (this is only needed if necessary to "reduce" the number of data records to be passed on but not to "refine" the list of properties to be inherited)

C.B.

PS: refer to http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/e3/bd85262fc011d4b2c30050dae064a1/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mangesh,

Ensure that "All Value Assignment types" check box not checked.

eventhough you specified the selection of value assignment types, system considers the above check box and passes all values.

ensure that you are dealing with "only one property tree for one inheritance template" while selecting the value assignment types. Editing couple of times by mistake (or) over look, there may be a chance of selecting other property tree VA's in this particular Inheritance template.

Regards

kamal