cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Error in DB02-SQL 208 : Invalid object name 'sap_get_para'. [WP3] [sap_fileszhist:BUILD_N_EXEC]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the follow problem :

Transaction DB02-History-DataBase Size History, show error below :

SQL 208 : Invalid object name 'sap_get_para'. [WP3] [sap_fileszhist:BUILD_N_EXEC]

I already applied sapnote 1719979.

Environment :

SAP Solution Manager 7.1

SAPKB70210

Windows Enterprise Server 2003 - SQL Server 2008 (10.00.2531)

Any idea ?

tks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member264034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you encounter this error during upgrade process?

The note #1719979 isn't valid for 7.01 and could not implemented before

you start the upgrade.

If the error appears after upgrade, please implement the code

correction from note manually.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

He is running 7.02 SP10 so the SAP note is valid for him. However, the SAP note is relevant only when activations are done so my guess is that the problem he is having in transaction DB02 is not solved by implementing that SAP note.

My question would be has there been an upgrade or system copy? The stored procedures (T-SQL) are created during installation, upgrade or system copy. Are you having any other issues in transaction DB02?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

He was made an upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1 EHP1 3 months ago.

I believe the note was applied during the upgrade process, it was not me who did the upgrade

Could I disapply thenote andreapply ?

Otherwise how do I manually apply ?

tks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

He was made an upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1 EHP1 3 months ago.

Only the error happens when I try to use transaction DB02-History-DataBase Size History.

tks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I have tracked it down. The reference to object sap_get_para is in sap_coll_core which gets called from sap_coll_list which in turn gets called from sap_fileszhist.

Can you check in SQL Studio that all of these stored procedures are recent? They should all have timestamps on the top of the script. They should be recreated on each invocation in DBA Cockpit.

My sap_coll_core has the following

IF ( EXISTS (select * from sap_get_para ('SAPMonWin','Url')

where [value] like 'http%') )

So the script won't mind if it doesn't exist. I have no idea what is going on in your system but I suspect it has something to do with the upgrade.You might have to rerun sap_coll_list in report MSSPROCS to fix the script.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I performed the following activities :

1 - In the DB02-configuration-SQL Script Maintenance, I executed again the script sap_p_status, and sap_coll_list, then the error disappeared.  The only problem now : 

When I click on the buttons "per week" or "per month", nothing  appears. Information only appears when I click in "per day"

Any idea ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's another problem, it has to do with how your performance collector is setup. If you are not able to figure it out, create another thread about it.