Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReportEngine Java SDK and Error RWI 00226

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System:  BO XI 3.1 sp5

I'm writing a program that will open up Webi reports using the ReportEngine SDK, walk through them, and output to a .csv file information about which dimensions and measures are being used in the report.

I'm able to log in to the CMS and create the report engine instance with the following code:

ISessionMgr mgr = CrystalEnterprise.getSessionMgr();

entSession = mgr.logon(userName, pw, cms, authType);

store = (IInfoStore) entSession.getService(INFOSTORE_SERVICE_KEY);

_rptEngs = (ReportEngines) entSession.getService("ReportEngines");

_rptEng = (ReportEngine) _rptEngs.getService(ReportEngines.ReportEngineType.WI_REPORT_ENGINE);

I then use an InfoStore query to get a list of Webi reports.  When I try to open a report using this code (rpt is an IInfoObject):

int rptID = rpt.getID();

DocumentInstance idoc = _rptEng.openDocument(rptID);

I get this error after about several minutes:

Generic Exception Type:class com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.CommunicationException Cannot initialize Report Engine server. (Error: RWI 00226)

I've verified that the Webi Report Processing Servers (there are 4 of them in this system) are all up and running.  So, I'm not sure why this is occurring.  Can anyone point me in the right direction on this?

Thanks!

-Dell

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Never mind, I figured it out.  The issue was that there's a firewall between my laptop and the server where BO is installed.  BO is not configured to use specified ports.   When I connect to the Dev environment where we do have specified ports, the code is working correctly.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell, We are migrating away from 3.1 BO to version 4. we also have Webi reports which we generate using ReportEngine SDK presently and the code is pretty much same as you posted. But, even after including all the JAR files provided by BO 4 installation, we are getting below exceptions. Is it like, we need to change existing SDK to accomodate extracting reoports from BO 4? Could you please help?

Cannot initialize Report Engine server

Unable to connect to service CDZHome from server LONWS20055.

com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.idl.ImplServ.OSCAFactoryPackage.connection_failure: IDL:img.seagatesoftware.com/ImplServ/OSCAFactory/connection_failure:1.0

Thanks

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Assign the port number and IP address(specify the IP address where CMS is hosted) for the Web Intelligence Processing Server in your BI 4.0 deployment.

Below are the steps to specify port and IP address:

1. Login to Central Management Console (CMC).
  2. Go to Servers section.
  3. Select Web Intelligence Processing Server.
  4. Click on Properties.
  5. In "Common Settings" section, specify the port number and the IP address for the Web Intelligence Processing Server.
  6. Restart Web Intelligence Processing Server.

Also, make sure that the port is open for communication across firewall. You can check if the port is open for communication using telnet command.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Anchal

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm also hearing rumblings that ReportEngine is deprecated and might going away - I know that a bunch of its previous functionality is not available in 4.0.  I'm currently working with a client where we will be using the RESTful web services and OpenDocument inf 4.0 to replace the ReportEngine code that they have from 3.1.

-Dell

mfay
Newcomer
0 Kudos

What port are you supposed to use? I can't find that information.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It can use any port - you just need to specify which one.  Look at the Admin Guide for information about configuring BO to work through a firewall.

-Dell

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure you use the correct version of libraries. In my case, I had the same error using Report Engine SDK version 3.1.  I changed the version of the libraries and I got passed that point.  I am not able to use:

1) doc.refresh(); or

2) doc.getStructure() to do filtering.  I do not know how it is done in 4.1.  These two APIs throw 'This feature is not implemented. (Error: RWI 00013).

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghunath,

You can refresh a DocumentInstance, however you cannot get the structure of the document, as that feature is among lot others which were deprectaed from version BI 4.x.

You would need to refer to the Report Engine SDK object model diagram and API reference guide for BI 4.0 to look for the classes which is not functional any more.

These api are replaced by Restful webservice sdks, and to implement these functionalities in BI 4.1, you would need yourself to get familiar with the Restful webservice sdks.

You can find the documents at

http://help.sap.com

Navigate to Analytics--> Business Intelligence Platform(Enterprise)

Select the product version and navigate to 'Development Information'

Refer to the web intelligence and semantic layer Rest guides.

Refer to the below forum link to find documents and blogs and for any queries related to Restful.

http://scn.sap.com/community/restful-sdk

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prithvi,

Would you happen to have a sample to apply 'Filter' to the document?  I use this API and the data disappears:

http://<serverName>:6405/biprws/raylight/v1/documents/{documentId}/reports/{reportId}/specification

and is there a way to apply the filter in the whole document at once instead of using {reportId} which I do not know how many are in the document.

Thank you.