Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use traffic signal? (MD04)

former_member208199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I would like to know the settings required for Traffic signals and how can we use the traffic signals in our production process.

Which parameters will drive the traffic signals.

Please guide us on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raj,

Traffic lights applies for both MRP list and Stock Requirement list and you can do the settings by go to MD06 and click on the push button define traffic lights.

You have to define traffic lights depending on ranges of coverage

stock days' supply shows the number of days the stock of a material suffice if only the plant stock is viewed.

receipt days' supply indicates how many days a material will last

Traffic light

Red - <= 0 days

Yellow -  >0 and <=10 days

Green -  >10 days

Then define traffic light depending on Exception Groups

For more details check the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/2c/471d0f0e0311d3b4990004ac160649/content.htm

Thanx & Regards,

Ravisankar

former_member208199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Ravi sankar for your prompt reply,

I was trying to make the settings as per the above details, but i am not getting the correct idea, particularly yellow color setting. I am unable to understand the exact setting in Define Traffic lights.

Could you please give more idea by taking any example with screen shot for making the setting in below given screen.

Where to define number of days for Red, Yellow and Green.

Please guide us !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj.

Materials are defined by traffic lights in the stock requirement list to indicate the urgency of the materials to be processed.

To define the traffic light, go to stock requirement list (MD04), then push the overview tree button at the top left corner, it will show the traffic lights against material. Right Clicking the traffic light will pop up the dialog screen where-in the ranges of coverage and exception group can be defined.

Thanks & Regards

Ravi

Answers (0)