cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS On EhP6 - Personal Profile - BizCard Control per Country

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I went through several discussions and blogs on SDN but did not find an answer to what seems like a very basic question on global ESS implementations.

"How do we control a BizCard in Personal profile scenarios per country grouping?"

For example, in the US I want to hide Family Members (IT0021) all-together but want to keep it in Canada.

Based on Siddharth's and Sagar's blogs and discussion threads I tried these 2 activities:

1) Administrator personalization of Application Config: HRESS_AC_PERINFO - This method allows me to remove the BizCard widget as an administrator, but this change is applicable to all countries. I dont see how I can make country specific changes here.

2) Component Customization for Component: HRESS_C_PERSINFO_CONFIG & Config: HRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG - This method has country grouping specific configuration options (to hide, replace etc), but only for the Detail screens (HRESS_CC_PER_DTL_FAMILY_XX). So, I can only for US hide the Family Members data on detail screen but the Biz Card still displays.

What am I missing here, or is the approach completely different?

Any idea?

Thanks,

Nakul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know I am late but as the thread still remains in
"unanswered" and I had to face the same problem, I thought I can post
my solution. 'Cause I had to hide "Family members" only for UK (Molga
08) and not for other countries.

I have a customer owned CC ZHRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG and found, that
there are three types of UIBBs

• FPM_FORM_UIBB
  • FPM_TABB_UIBB
  • FPM_LIST_UIBB

The last one (LIST_UIBB) is responsable for the overview. In
standard HRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG you can see p.e. for Japan, that OVR-CCs are
changed via FPM_LIST_UIBB. So I changed my CONFIG_08_IT0022 to FPM_LIST_UIBB
and selected "Hide".

That solved my problem.

Best regards,

Christoph

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply and solution, you are correct!

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe I pulled the trigger too soon. It actually still has not worked completely as expected.

I do not want to change the behavior or content on any overview screen for a specific country. I guess I understand how that is done based on Jan Thomas and Siddharth's blogs.

What I am trying to do is completely hide the overview screen for one country. For example, I want to get rid of "Benefits Medical Information" and "Bank Information" for US.

I go to "customize_component" and open Component: HRESS_C_PERSINFO_CONFIG Config: HRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG in change mode. I can navigate to US, and under that select the Bank Information UIBB and under Actions on UIBB - select "Hide". I can do the same for "Benefits Medical Information" too. The difference is, when I logon to ESS now as an US employee, the Benefits Medical Information overview screen is completely gone, but Bank Information still remains with "No data available" message.

So it seems like its the international screens that I can not hide for a country via this method. What is the solution for this? Do I have to copy configs even for this requirement? I want to display Bank Information for Canada, but hide it for US. Whats the optimal way to achieve this?

Regards, Nakul

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

overview  ie HRESS_CC_PER_OVR_BANK_XX , I have explained this in my blog, however refer here

ie

create international configuration for each infotype. And then you can replace it with country specific configuration in AppCC.

As per SAP documentation we have to maintain Application Configuration
Controller (AppCC)
###used to configure and control which User Interface Building Blocks
(UIBBs) or Edit screens are to be hidden or replaced for the particular
target users.###

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/2a/465e0e7eab4f9bac2785f5
eb525da8/frameset.htm

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/employee-self-service/blog/2012/06/13/summary-of-configuration-...

Layer 5.2: UI Configurations

Personal information scenario uses FPM Overview floorplan (OVP).  HRESS_CC_PER_OVP is the component configuration that can be enhanced to add/enhance the UI blocks

For every infotype screen a list and detail configuration is created. Example HRESS_CC_PER_OVR_BANK_XX and HRESS_CC_PER_DTL_BANK_XX. You need to enhance these to create customer specific configurations

Layer 5.3: UI Composition Configuration

Personal information profile uses various country specific configurations dynamically. This is achieved by Application controller component HRESS_C_PERSINFO_CONFIG. You can configure HRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG to dynamically replace the UIBBs.

In standard implementation the dynamic assembly is done based country/molga of employee but you can use BAdI HRESS_PER_CONFIG_KEY so that other parameters like Employee group, Subgroup can also be used.

0 Kudos

Did you ever find a solution for this, I am facing same issue, needed to remove benefits, bank details, and dependents from molga 10, but leave for ROW, we have 35 active molgas. The benefits one worked fine with the hide option in HRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG but have not had any luck with hiding bank details or family / dependents from the overview screen. I tried changing to hide, also tried creating an molga 99 version and assigning it and hiding, deleted the node, and all variation of the above and it always stayed on the overview screen, just changing to hide seems to hide the screen when you did create or edit which makes no sense logically, why would you supress the input screen but leave the path to it in place. Please advise if you have found a work around, I am currently debugging  CL_HRESS_PER_OVERVIEW to see if I can determine a place to enhance it to remove the code from firing but I know that is not the most ideal solution and the SAP documentation is very lacking although from reading it looks like it should be accomplishable some how through component config.

Tried this - does not remove from profile page assuming I did it properly -

The infotype Bank Information (0009) should not be shown in the case of Russia. An entry has to be made in the AppCC with value 33 for the country version and infotype 0009 with option Hide to hide the standard UIBB in the overview pattern (OVP).

Tried this - also unsuccesful, created a molga 99 entry for bank details and hide it but remained on overview page

The infotype 0182 needs to be shown only for Singapore (country version 25). In such a case the standard UIBB in the OVP has to be specified as Hide for country version 99 and for country version 25 this UIBB has to be specified as Unhide.

End of the example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys!! That worked...

Former Member
0 Kudos
siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Follow Jans mentioned blog and

also this blog which i created earlier for similar issues.

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/employee-self-service/blog/2012/06/12/ehp5-reuse-country-applic...

you need to use BADI not proxy class from EHP5 onwards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have quite a few proxy classes within EHP6 performing show/hide of menu options based on different criteria.  These were developed within ealier versions primarily and brought forward.  Perhaps they need upgrading to use BAPI.  I will work some new examples tomorrow just to test out on ehp6.  thanks..

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

if you are using java servcies then it is fine, WD ABAP services we need BADI

check above blogs and help docs

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's it.  have not worked on the abapdynpro portal.  Althought hope to get the hr renewel in place shortly.  thanks for clarification.. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use proxy classes to determine whether or not to show/hide menu options.  Give those a try..  There are lots of articles:  google-> SAP Portal ESS Proxy Class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nakul,

you can define the field properties molga depending in V_T588MFPROPC.

Cheers

Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

When u refer biz card i believe its the overview screen, generally most of the times overview screen is common to all the countries.

From the HRESS_C_PERSINFO_CONFIG, you can try to create the country specific. I never tired but I think if required we should be able to change the overview config too.