cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent User to logon to SAP BW Backend via AO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we would like to use AO in combination with BO Server to connect to BW.

For this we would not want the users to be able to connect directly to BW by simply "skipping" the BO logon pad.

So does anyone know which authorization is responsible to allow the user to be able to logon at BW directly?

Thanks in advance,

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried adjusting the registry settings mentioned in the system admin guide at https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001391512012E/13_aaoffice_admin_sp5_en.pdf

That might help.

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

hi Victor,

so today I tried what you suggested and it partially solved my problem.

Now when I go " Insert" -> "Select DataSource" I still have the possibility to select following:

This again gives me all SAP Systems of the SAP Logon an allows me to logon to SAP BW and select any query available.

Any further ideas?

Thanks

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using BW authorizations?  Analysis Office uses BW authorization objects S_RFC, S_RS_COMP, etc.

That should limit access to queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

thanks for your answer.

Yes in fact we use S_RS_COMP for restricting access to queries for Web-Reporting. But we would like to be more strict with AO.

So do you think there is a way to stop AO connecting directly to BW by S_RFC but having BEx Analyzer still be able to connect directly to BW?.

Thanks for sharing ideas.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver - I am not aware of another way; I suggest posting this as an idea in Idea place (ideas.sap.com) to see if something can be done in the future.

Regards,

Tammy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can hide the skip button by going to settings-> platform settings->preferred plattform->Business Intelligence Platform.

This can be done with an xml properites file as follows:

you could set the preferred plattform setting to BI Plattform (=1) in following file:

%APPDATA%\SAP AG\SAP BusinessObjects Advanced Analysis\Settings\DataSource\PreferredPlatform.xml

and also prevent users from seeing this setting in Analysis by changing the corresponding setting to False in following file:

%APPDATA%\SAP AG\SAP BusinessObjects Advanced Analysis\Settings\DataSource\EnablePreferredPlatformSetting.xml

From my understanding you can then distribute this settings as described here:

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001391512012E/13_aaoffice_admin_sp5_en.pdf#page=18

I am not sure though if this settings are also stored in the registry and must be also changed there too, anyway in my computer this works as described above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi both of you.

Thanks for the answer... seems to be what I was looking for.

I´ll try with my sys admin to set the registry settings!

Thanks