cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using IE4N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a scenario of removing the faulty spare from the Main Equipment and then replacing it with New Spare.Also the faulty spare goes outside for repair.

I have done the configuration IE4N Tcode is working. How we can achieve this using IE4N ? In what sequence the master should be created ,getting very confused to understand the Stock update n all by reading the SAP Help.

Regards

XYZ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If all your query posted have been answered, please close the thread. Also its not possible to give complete step by step by procedure or rectifying the issues related to one process in single thread.

So then & there, if you face any issue--

1. Search in forum
  2. If you don't find any suitable solution, open a new thread.
Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to Use Refurbishment process for this scenario..

Steps are as follow...

1 -Create Material. Extend material type for all valuation type. (e.g. New , Refurb, damage)

2 - Create serial number for the material and extend equipment view.

3- Create Maintenance order for replacement of damage spare. 1 for new spare and -(negative sign) -1 for damage spare to return to store.

4- IE4N - Dismantle equipment from functional location.

5- Change valuation type of damage material to Damage (Tcode IQ02)

4- MIGO - Goods issue and return from stores. In this process When you put -1 for damage spare system will return damage part to store.

5 - Create refurbishment order for damage material. Use control key PM02 so that system create PR to send damage spare for repair.

6 - Create PO.

7 - After refurbishment return refurbish spare to store this time valuation of spare will be refurb.

Hope this help to understand you stock updates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Thanks you so much ..  I followed the below steps.correct me.if wrong.

I created material XYZ for the spare and its extended views C1 C2 C3.

Now this will generate one equipment code XYZ when creating serial no 1. stock type - 01.

But this XYZ is not installed in the main equipment ABC so I manually installed it using IE02.

Then i created one order for ABC & in the component tab i used - XYZ with C3.

Then IE4N to dismantle XYZ from ABC and it went successfully with C3 valuation.

And i can see XYZ  it in Unrestricted stock in C3 as i used stock type 01.

Now to Replace the New XYZ I am trying to create the stock XYZ C1 (MB1C - 561) here , system is asking serial no. and not taking any number .

Message no. IO214

What should i do?

Also the notification Created from IE4N i use it to refurbish the XYZ C3. Right ..

regards ..

Former Member

Here, you have 2 Processes.

1. Installation / Dismantling of Sub Assemblies
  2. Refurbishment Process

Installation / Dismantling:

1. Create Material XYZ with different valuations (New, Refurbish & Defect).
  2. Purchased XYZ with New valuation type, so that stock will be increased & equipments are created with the combination of Material & Serial Number
  3. Now Install the equipment in IE4N, not in IE02. If you install using IE4N, stock will get reduced from inventory & sub-assembly will get installed to superior object. Here, cost can be posted either to Asset (241 movement type) or Cost center (201 movement type)
  4. When the Assembly gets repaired, Assembly has to be dismantled from superior object. Again use same IE4N to dismantle. Now valuation type will be Defect as the assembly got some repair. Now stock under defect valuation type will be increased & Assembly will be removed from superior object. Movement type is either 242 or 202, that is reverse of Installation process.

Refurbishment Process:

1. Now create Order in IW81
  2. Mention the Material & Serial Number or Equipment which is in Defect Valuation type
  3. In Order header screen, mention from valuation type as Defect & To valuation type as Refurbish
  4. Mention the Operation with Control Key PM02
  5. Then follow the normal process of Goods Issue & other standard process
  6. Once, you receive the Assembly back with running condition, Use IW8W to receive it back
  7. Then do the TECO & Settlement

Installation:

1. Again, you can use this Refurbished Assembly to install in any other Superior Object using IE4N.

Please be clear on your requirement, whether you got stuck up with Installation / Dismantling (IE4N) process or Refurbishment Process. Also, there are many threads available about step by step procedure of these processes. Please read carefully, so that you can understand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

let's assume C1- New , C2 - Refurb and C3- Damage.

To run refurb cycle you should have stock item. If you do not have stock item you will have to create PR , Po and goods receipt. While doing goods receipt system will ask for Sr. Number. In that case you will have to create new Sr.number and assign when you do goods receipt. In this case valuation will be C1.If you are directly doing MIGO with 561 movement type still you will have to create new serial number for that item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran / Yogesh

As per my understanding  I will require both process to meet the requirement i.e.

Step 1 .Dismantling / Installation of Spares using IE4N then settle the order against asset or cost center (This will update the spare stock)

Step 2 . Use refurbishment process to send outside  to get repaired.

(This will repair the damaged stock)

While doing this i got stuck as not stock was there and tried MB1C & PO - MIGO method .. but in both its asking for serial no. which i am unable to overcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to create New serial number manually first and assign that in serial number tab while doing MIGO.

Read the steps in my response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned earlier, After creating material, do the stock update either with opening stock with 561 movement type or Procurement of new Assembly like PO, GR, etc.,

Then you will get the stock. In both 561 or Procurement process, use New as valuation type. Then follow Installation Process. Once its installed, then after some period, repair may happen. Then do the dismantling. Both process will be done in IE4N.

After that dismantling to Defect Valuation Type, then follow the refurbishment process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Either Serial Number can be created manually in IQ01 or Serial can be created automatically while doing MIGO.

Keep the stock for that Assembly with Serial Number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that, but reading his post it is clear that Sr. Number is not generated automatically that's why system asking him sr number while doing MIGO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Yogesh ,

Now some unclear doubts in this process,

1. What if we have external no. range for spare .

2. If stock is there for spare then can be distribute it into C1 C2 C3 ?

3. For every new spare we have to create serial no. manually, then activate equipment view as IE4N don't accept it ? is there is any other way out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 - If you are using external number range for equipment you will not be able to generate serial number automatically.Every time you have to create serial number manually apart from this there is no disadvantage.

2- If you are freshly implementing SAP system then consult with business and MM consultant how to handle old spare. if they are all new then nothing to worry. If some of them are new and some of them are already refurb then you can distribute.MM guy will help you in this.

3-For every new spare you will have to create serial number as number range is external. and in this no need to do IE4N. Because stock is directly updated in stores by Goods receipt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope, he has not updated any stock. That's why he was getting that, also he is trying to install directly in IE02. I hope, this is not only because of creating Serial number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. What if we have external no. range for spare .

You can have any type of number range for Materials either Internal or External. But Equipment Number range is better to be internal.

2. If stock is there for spare then can be distribute it into C1 C2 C3 ?

I hope, stocks can be transferred between valuation types. If not, do the goods issue of all the components & receive again against the specific valuation type.

3. For every new spare we have to create serial no. manually, then activate equipment view as IE4N don't accept it ? is there is any other way out.

As mentioned already, its not required to create Serial Number manually. While doing GR, in Serial number tab, click the option as Create Serial Number automatically. SO that Serial number will be created automatically.

I hope, you have external number range for Spare, not for serial number & equipment. Then why you need to create serial number manually. Its unnecessary work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you have configured serial number profile, Installation / dismantling settings, etc.,

1. Create Material Master with Serial Number profile
  2. Update that Material with some stock, Equipment will be created in background
  3. Now go to IE4N, select Installation option & select the specific material, serial number & superior equipment.
  4. Mention the movement type to which the cost to be posted (Generally, it will Asset (241 movement type) or Cost Center (201 movement type)).
  5. Give Asset or Cost Center in Account Assignment tab.
  6. Check for the consistency & save.