cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC10 - Mapping Custom Fields to Backend Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need your help and suggestions on this problem.

I want to create custom field License Type in Access Control 10.0. My requirement is that this field should have drop-down options available from ECC Backend system (License Types). When the request is provisioned, the license type data should be filled up in User Master data in ECC Backend.

As per document available on SDN, I am able to create the field, but not able to bring drop-down from ECC Backend system and not able to map it to User Master data field so after provisioning, the data is available in User master.

Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Sabita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I see the table TUTYPA appears all license type, but if select the custom field from request only appears some.

In the SAP table TUTYPA only some License type is active.

My sistem es GRC 10 SP 15.

The next figure, in red some license type appears in the request. The license type 51, 52, 53 etc NOT appears in the request.

Arif1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Are you able to update ECC license type through GRC system. Please share. I need to do same in my company.

Regards,

Arif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arif,

we are able to update the single ECC types but have some issues updating type 11 as additional data like reference system has to be maintained here.

Basically you need to implement this using GRC Custom Fields.

Please follow note 1736817.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita/Experts,

Has anyone actually managed to get this working? Creating a custom field is one thing, having options pre-populated to help the requestor/approver understand the field entries chosen is another!

Ideally a drop down of the different License types from table "TUTYPNOW".

Any update on this would be highly valuable and appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harinam,

Sorry for late reply, I was not able to visit scn regulerly.

The custom fields values will be GRC specific(defined in GRC, not to be pulled from Backend) and drop-down we need to create during field creation. ABAPER will help you in that. The thing is that drop down values should match with backend License type values like 77, 76 mentioned in TUTYP.

The mapping ins well possible, in the maintain field-based configuration in SPRO - GRC - Shared Master data settings-

Coose entry - GRACREQ - Field status configuration by component - create entry for each custom field and map with backend table value.

Thanks,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

I am also currently working on custom field License Type.

Unfortunately I cannot help you on the topic you are posting here but you might can provide me some help on the custom field License Type scenario?

I have created the custom field License Type per document available on SDN and it works well. We are able to maintain the License Type by just entering Type number – e.g. 52.

But for license type 11 “Multi Client” we have to maintain also Chargeable User, Name and System.

So I created these three custom fields same way as I did for custom field License Type. The provisioning also works well.

But the Side-Effect of adding these three custom fields is that GRC menu "Search Request" dumps when it is called:

Dump info is:

Termination occurred in the ABAP program "CL_WDR_CONTEXT_NODE_INFO======CP" -           in "IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE_INFO~SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_SET". The main program was "SAPMHTTP ". 

In the source code you have the termination point in line 19                                  

of the (Include) program "CL_WDR_CONTEXT_NODE_INFO======CM00J".    

Did you also experience this issue when going for the full license type scenario including Type Multi Client?

Thanks for your response!

Kind regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

No, I didn't face such problem. Only problem was that three fields related to Multi-client were static, they would be on the Form, whether we select Multi-client or not.

Now central SOLMAN License reporting being in place, Multi-client may not be mandatory requirement. Please check with SAP representative on the same,

Regarding Dump, it seems some program error. Please check with ABAP team and if you are not able to find any problem with customization, raise a CSS message.

Thanks,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

thanks for your prompt response.

I will check with our license team if Multi Client is still valid for our contact with SAP.

I did open a message with SAP and their initial response was to remove the SPRO Mapping for the new 3 other fields and only leave LIC_TYPE for the connector group the custom fields do apply to.

Now table GRACFLDMAP as follows:

Have you also only mapped LIC_TYPE?

Thanks and regards,

Markus