cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR SQL error 2812: Could not find stored procedure 'sap_tf_version'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are facing with an error during the test connection with a remote database connections in DB13. The system is a SAP ECC 6.0 and we have been tried to connect with a remote DB (SQL Server):

It show an error:

-- ERROR SQL error 2812: Could not find stored procedure 'sap_tf_version'.

I already searched a lot for a solution, but I only found one SDN thread but for the SAP Solution Manager and not for a SAP ERP like in my case!

Can you help me please?

Thank you

samid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

Please check SAP note Note 460268 - SQL error 2812: Could not find stored procedure

Run the report MSSPROCS using se38 tcode as described in the note.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak Kori,

I´m with a doubt related with the fields in the MSSPROCS report... can you tell me which value I must choose in DB Release (The options are 8.0 ; 9.0 ; A.0 ; B.0)?

My database is a SQL Server 2005...

Can you tell me?

Kind regards,

samid

Former Member
0 Kudos

MS SQL Server 2005 is 9.0. You can check with

select @@version

also.

Regards,

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I still don´t fix this problem... in that MSSPROCS report I don´t see that store procedure (sap_tf_version) in the list that is shown... therefore I don´t understand!

I opened the SQL Management studio and I checked if this store procedure is created in there, in the SAP database I see in there that store procedure created, but in the other database (SRVSEDE33) where this DB connection is trying to connect (through DB13) I do not see there the store procedure sap_tf_version.

Any tip!? Can you help me please?

Thank you,

samid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We already solve this problem... what I did was simply ignore the error message! Why? Because I see in the sap note 1601608 (How to access an external Microsoft SQL Server database) that recommendation. You can see in there in point 5.Troubleshooting the reference:

Could not find stored procedure 'SAPSolMan<version>.sap_tf_version'"

"DBACockpit uses stored procedures to collect monitoring information from a database. These stored procedures need to exist in the database that is being monitored. If you are using the connection for a purpose other than remote monitoring with DBACockpit you can ignore this error."

Kind regards
samid

Answers (0)