cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

404 Error-Resource not found while opening the rejected leave request from ESS-UWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

Last few days we are facing an issue with rejected leave request from UWL.

As per our requirement, we are having 1 level of workflow for Casual Leave.

In our project ,in ESS in portal  the employee apply the leave and for approval the leave notification goes to Manager UWL , manager  will approved the leave request employee not get any worklist in UWL.if the manager rejects the leave request, immediately leave request is coming to Employee Work-list. Now while opening the Rejected Leave request from Employee (Initiator) UWL, it’s giving 404 error-Resource not Found.

The workflow will open to approve or reject the leave for manager, after reject the leave a notification is appear in employee UWL( Who initiated )   , when  employee try to open the notification is throws the  Error:

Approved Request’s working smoothly, only issue with rejection requests. We are using SAP NW Portal 7.3 EHP1and ECC 6.0 EHP6

We created  the System Objects with below WAS details

WAS HostName : Portalserver – Fully Qualified Domain Name : 50000

WAS Path : sap/bc/bsp/sap [ we created  another system with  this "/webdynpro/dispatcher/" path also ]

Protocal : http

For your reference please observe the attached screen shot .

Please share some inputs to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi are you sure all sicf services are activates for ESS/MSS

The resource not found issue normally relates to this

Cheers

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear James,

sicf services are already activated.

Regards,

Srikanth

Barin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please send the portal log as the same will help us understand better.

404 hints that the xml obn is wokring fine but may be it is calling wrong object.

please send portal default log message that shows error while accessing the workitem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Please have a check whether the rejected request is there in the backend(R/3) UWL. (i.e) the backend UWL to which the portal UWL is pointing to.

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Swarnaprakesh,

The rejected request is there is SAP inbox (in  R/3 ). For your reference please observe the attached screen shot.

Regards,

Srikanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

In the screen shot, the description of the leave request(the one which you marked in red line) doesnt seems like a rejected request. It's just seems to be an information mail.

So please check for the rejected request in R/3 UWL which came back to employee's inbox from his manager.

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Swarnaprakesh,

Yes, Swarnaprakesh, our ABAP/Workflow consultant told that "this is for only information to employee in R/3 system only ", My issue is the leave request notification ( weather Approve nor Reject ) is their in UWL  in portal, but when i open it it throws an error that 404 not found,Please guide me in this issue.

Thanks for your quick response.

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Ok. In that case pls have a check on the below two,

1) Check SAP Note 779075 ( If you are using higher version, this would have already patched up,but still have a check).

2)  Check the employee number mapping ( i.e) in HR table there will be some employee-manager mapping. Check whether that hierarchy is correct.

Consult with your HR or ABAP-HR consultant for this.

Please let me know if your issue still persist.

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Swarnaprakesh,

We apply the mentioned note, after changing the package as per note in manager  UWL leave request notification not coming. And we have check  the employee number mapping in HR table ,employee-manager is correct, the hierarchy as well.

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Are you not getting the employee's leave request in manger's inbox now?

If yes, check the UWL-- R/3 connection and clear the UWL cache

for ur reference (goto system administration-->system configuration.

click on universal worklist and work flow.you can find cache administration page.

clear the cache for single or all the systems).

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Swarnaprakesh,

We are getting the employee's leave request in manger's inbox  in portal. Our problem is after request rejected the employee get notification in his inbox, while opening the nitification we are facing the problem, that 404 not found.i found some information in SDN related to this ,as per my understand it is related to swfvisu transaction settings in R/3 If i am wrong correct me.Our HR-WorkFlow Consultant is new , please guide me to solve this issue.[ My previous company colleague also say same thing]

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Is your issue solved?

did you check SWFVISU transaction?

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

dont use the note 779075 its only valid till 604. if you use new WF, there are new entries in SWFVISU for it already.

404 error means the resource is missing for it, since approval works, and rejection doesnt

you need to verify your WF settings in SWFVISU, have you changed it?

task TS21500003

APPLICATION HRESS_A_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_APPL
DYNPARAM LRF_REQUEST_ID=${item.REQUESTID}
NAMESPACE SAP
SYSTEM_ALIAS ( This needs to be customer specific for example Q5K002 )

note 1600953 should be implemented.

"WAS property of the system SAP_ECC_HumanResources it should point

to the portal server."

the system SAP_Webdynrpo_XSS should have maintained the WAS properties

with the port of the portal.

Barin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi siddharth

few queries here

1. task 21500003 is a webdynpro abap task so I am not be able to understand why

SAP_ECC_HumanResources should point to portal server. If that is the case then the url of WAS would be pointing to java and BP for webdynpro abap would stop working.

2. Is it necessary to use SAP_Webdynpro_xss system as the task you have mentioned are part of the package that is webdynpro abap.

Your valuable input is much appreciated.

regards

barin

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1. It should be ABAP System

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/EN/80/bb0e33ea2b445c8c5289c8ceb406f3/content.htm

2. in portal landscape directory it needs to be done, SAP_Webdynpro_xss is an example how to connect. yoiu can name it anything!

above settings for portal of portal is for java

for abap backend system should be fine

Barin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

applying the note 1600953 is not helping as the 404 error is due to system alias.

the alias defined is mapped to webdynpro abap as rest of the ESS uses this. Only leave application is throwing 404 error.

do you have any clue what could be the issue.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

did you clear the cache and re register the work items?

404 clearly shows right resource is not found, Can you try putting was of the portal as i indicated first and see what happens

This is the settings i have done earlier

and  inbackend system we entered this as ie SWFVISU

SYSTEM_ALIAS#SAP_ERP_HumanResources

This was the name of your system alias in Portal as shown in my
screenshot for your backend system and this system is maintained then
there in SWFVISU.>> This what settings we do. So check your alias as above in system configuration.

so alias name is the key and config

Barin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi siddharth

if we implement note you suggested then swfvisu won't make sense as in any case parameters are mannually modified in the xml.

however i agree on alias and that is where my question is.

system is already defined as an abap webdynpro system with WAS pointing to webdynpro abap parameters are fine as xml file.

one observation if i provide ITS parameters then it opens webdui on click of uwl workitem.

i think xml will have to be modified explicitly.

thank you for all input but if you can help with more than it would help else appreciate your response.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

if you are using standard task then no need of changing XML, above note introduces the changed xml

So the error you have is more of resource not being found is  alias settings and connection

from se80 your approval application should work fine

try to configure as i have shown and play around with the WAS properties thats critical

also, each time you change anyting clear cache and re register work items

I would need to see the system configuratoin and SWFVISU to actually see whats going on and of course you can see the error in default trace too

Barin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi siddharth

A portal restrart helped. I guess buffer was causing issue.

however adding only parameters you mentioned didn't help. This would be interesting to show you on system, I will soon share with you the details. May be you have better solution.

I had to manually add the additional parameters in the xml file and it works fine.

<Property name="sap-wd-configId" value="HRESS_AC_PTARQ_LEAVREQ"/>

<Property name="LRF_REQUEST_ID" value="${item.REQUESTID}"/>

<Property name="LRF_SKIP_OVERVIEW_PAGE" value="X"/>

<Property name="LRF_ARQ_MODE" value="A"/>

<Property name="WebDynproNamespace" value="sap"/>

<Property name="WebDynproApplication" value="HRESS_A_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_APPL"/>

<Property name="System" value="SAP_ECC_HumanResources"/>

1. Definitely restarting the portal helped and it started picking right parameters for system alias.

2. Clearing cache didn't help. (This is issue with my portal installation hence not everyone will face)

3. above parameters are must for uwl to get else the app will never work and it would show header with blank screen (only close button on top)

Thank you for all help and above will solve the problem if its showing page with blank header would help.

Thanks as always siddharth.

former_member455376
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Barin ,

I have facing the same issue ,leave approval screen showing page with blank header is attached as screen shot.

I want to know that in which xml file you have added additional parameter ,means in com.sap.pct.erp.mss.addon.xml file or ile.

and i am using the custom task(TS99900008) instead of standard leave approval task.

Kindly request to help me...

former_member455376
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Barin ,

I have changed and add additional parameter in uwl.webflow.SAP_ECC_HumanResources which is as below.

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS99900008.SAP_ECC_HumanResources" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="launchWebDynPro" executionMode="default">

<ItemTypeCriteria systemId="SAP_ECC_HumanResources" externalType="TS21500003" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>

<Actions>

<Action name="launchWebDynPro" groupAction="" handler="SAPWebDynproABAPLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes" launchNewWindowFeatures="resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no">

<Properties>

<Property name="display_order_priority" value="5"/>

<Property name="newWindowFeatures" value="resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no"/>

<Property name="WebDynproApplication" value="hress_a_ptarq_leavreq_appl"/>

<Property name="WebDynproNamespace" value="sap"/>

<Property name="openInNewWindow" value="yes"/>

<Property name="sap-wd-configId" value="HRESS_AC_PTARQ_LEAVREQ"/>

<Property name="LRF_REQUEST_ID" value="${item.REQUESTID}"/>

<Property name="LRF_SKIP_OVERVIEW_PAGE" value="X"/>

<Property name="LRF_ARQ_MODE" value="A"/>

<Property name="System" value="SAP_ECC_HumanResources"/>

<Property name="DynamicParameter" value="LRF_REQUEST_ID=${item.REQUESTID}"/>

</Properties>

<Descriptions default=""/>

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

but issue is same i am not able to get leave approval screen..

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

in your case, first implement the note 1600953, and re register the workitems and cache as examplied it updates the entries from SWFVISU into XML or add manually into the xml replacing the standard one

also, you need to check your system connection as explained above in my replies

Barin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rutvik

simple answer....

1. you would have an xml file that is read by your system alias (by default SAP_ECC_HumanResources), this file would contains your default alias.

2. In my case com.sap.pct.erp.mss.addon.xml didn't work and I changed the other file as I have many other workflows.

Note 1600953 talks about com.sap.pct.erp.mss.addon.xml but this is not correct and note may not work. however the xml content inside note is accurate.

try changing the default xml file that is available for other workflow and this would be solved.

This depends on how you have structured your portal content hence make sure you take backup.

please advise if you need more input.

you will find the list of xml under uwl administration page as part of "system administration" in portal.

kind regards

barin

former_member455376
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth ,

I Have implement the note 1600953 and after that we have done  re register ,clear cache , delete expired item in uwl and apply new Leave request...

but when i am clicking on leave approval work item in uwl , Approver screen will be open with "Your worklist is empty", approver screen is attached.

any other configuration are missing..?

Thanks,

Barin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS21500003.SAP_ECC_HumanResources" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="launchWebDynPro" executionMode="default">

<ItemTypeCriteria systemId="SAP_ECC_HumanResources" externalType="TS21500003" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>

<Actions>

<Action name="launchWebDynPro" groupAction="" handler="SAPWebDynproABAPLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes" launchNewWindowFeatures="resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no">

<Properties>

<Property name="display_order_priority" value="5"/>

<Property name="newWindowFeatures" value="resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no"/>

<Property name="WebDynproApplication" value="hress_a_ptarq_leavreq_appl"/>

<Property name="WebDynproNamespace" value="SAP"/>

<Property name="openInNewWindow" value="yes"/>

<Property name="DynamicParameter" value="LRF_ARQ_MODE=A&amp;LRF_REQUEST_ID=&amp;LRF_SKIP_OVERVIEW_PAGE=X&amp;LRF_REQUEST_ID=${item.REQUESTID}"/>

</Properties>

<Descriptions default=""/>

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

Hi Ritvik

Above is copied from an existing system where the application is running. I think I didn't provide right dynamic parameters previously.

As told you already I faced the same issue and note 1600953 is not consistent as it doesn't work.

If above xml doesn't work then please send all list of existing xml that you see in your portal impacting uwl.

Please let me know if the above works or not.

apology and Kind regards

barin

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Your XML seems incorrect t me, Please use the one in note 1600953 and check your SWFVISU entries. they should be correct too

Note that your system alias can create a issue,. share the config of SWFVISU, System Alias

former_member455376
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Barin,

I have implemented your given xml code but the issue is still same..

I have attached the list of existing xml..

As shown in screen shot  Custom Leave approval.SAP_ECC_HumanResources_dev is a Custom  Xml in which i have added your given code.

and default system alias is SAP_ECC_HumanResources_dev.

Thanks And Regards,'

Rutvik

former_member455376
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth ,

As per note I have  Replaced the code section for Approve Leave Request ,in which i have replaced the ts12300097 task item to ts21500009 task item..

but after that when i am re register, clear cache and clear expired item clicking on Approver task the blank window is open..

I have attached the screen shot of my swfvisu entry.

APPLICATION          hress_a_ptarq_leavreq_appl

DYNPARAM            LRF_REQUEST_ID=${item.REQUESTID}&LRF_ARQ_MODE=A

NAMESPACE           sap

SYSTEM_ALIAS    SAP_ECC_HumanResources_dev

SAP_ECC_HumanResources_dev is my default system alias...

Thanks And Regards,

Rutvik Shah

Barin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ritvik

Two suggestions

1. you are following two different approaches so primary advise is complete either of approaches.

2. Siddharth is advising you to apply standard solution hence first finish your conversation on the same and then if it doens't work then I would advise you to take approach 2.

Standard solution didn't work in my case hence I had made certain changes.

Please take approach suggested by siddharth first and then we can look at option 2 if the same doesn't work. I hope siddharth's advise work for you as i personally find that better then mine.

Let's communicate once you are sure that note provide doesn't work for you.

thank you

barin

former_member455376
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Barin And Siddharth

Issued has been solved.

now i have got the approval screen , i need to changes in lpd_cust-mss-leave approval as per my OBN.

But now when The Approver when he clicks the request in UWL like

suppose the 3rd line item in leave request it is displaying the first

request and after that if we click on the next button it is moving to

the next request.

When we are clciking on 3rd request why it is showing the first

request.The screenshot is attached.

Thanks

Barin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rutvik

Can you please provide all the parameters you are passing to xml file in uwl.

I am not too surprised to see this as internally it is just calling an application which manages the data still investigating the same can get us answers.

regards

barin

former_member455376
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Barin,

I have passed the below Parameter.

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS21500003.SAP_ECC_HumanResources_dev" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="defaultAction" executionMode="default">

<ItemTypeCriteria systemId="SAP_ECC_HumanResources_dev" externalType=" TS21500003" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>

<CustomAttributes>

<CustomAttributeSource id="WEBFLOW_CONTAINER" objectIdHolder="externalObjectId" objectType="WebflowContainer" cacheValidity="final">

<Attribute name="REQUESTID" type="string" displayName="Request ID"/>

</CustomAttributeSource>

</CustomAttributes>

<Actions>

<Action name="defaultAction" groupAction="" handler="ObjectNavigationLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes">

<Properties>

<Property name="ObjectValue" value="LRF_REQUEST_ID=${item.REQUESTID}"/>

<Property name="Operation" value="approveleaverequest_dev"/>

<Property name="ObjectName" value="Employee_DEV"/>

<Property name="openInNewWindow" value="true"/>

<Property name="System" value="SAP_ECC_HumanResources_dev"/>

</Properties>

<Descriptions default="defaultAction"/>

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

but after that we are not getting proper task id.

when The Approver clicks the request id in UWL like

suppose the 3rd line item in leave request it is displaying the first

request and after that if we click on the next button it is moving to

the next request.

When we are clciking on 3rd , 4th , 5th whatever  request  it is openning only  the first request..

Thanks And Regards,

Rutvik

Barin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ritwik

I have reproduced this in my system and in my case it is consistent.

There are two leave requests one for 14th other for 28th.

on click of respective leave it opens the correct leave and next and previous button are consistent.

However there is one observation which is that there are some old leave requests which no more are unapproved but workflow hasn't ended. If i click on those then it opens other employee's leave request.

To be very honest with you I am of an opinion that you check the uwljwf patch and check note 1720040. I will update this message as I am too waiting from SAP product team to get back on the same.

If above is an issue then clear all leave workflows and assure your uwl doesn't carry any leave workflow and start fresh.

I would recommend everyone to use the powl for leave as uwl is not so consistent plus SAP is moving to powl based approval which is extremely good and configurable.

- Barin

Barin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

srikant the solution for your issue is applying below xml code to your default uwl file.

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS21500003.SAP_ECC_HumanResources" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="defaultAction" executionMode="default">

<ItemTypeCriteria systemId="SAP_ECC_HumanResources" externalType=" TS21500003" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>

<CustomAttributes>

<CustomAttributeSource id="WEBFLOW_CONTAINER" objectIdHolder="externalObjectId" objectType="WebflowContainer" cacheValidity="final">

<Attribute name="REQUESTID" type="string" displayName="Request ID"/>

</CustomAttributeSource>

</CustomAttributes>

<Actions>

<Action name="defaultAction" groupAction="" handler="ObjectNavigationLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes">

<Properties>

<Property name="ObjectValue" value="LRF_REQUEST_ID=${item.REQUESTID}"/>

<Property name="Operation" value="approveleaverequest"/>

<Property name="ObjectName" value="employee"/>

<Property name="openInNewWindow" value="true"/>

<Property name="System" value="SAP_ERP_HumanResources"/>

</Properties>

<Descriptions default="defaultAction"/>

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

Please check the portal trace and paste the error here as that woudl determine actual issue.

404 means that the resource that it is trying to find (iview or other object) doesn't exist.

Portal log will help providing better advise.