Did you mean: 

Requirements generated by future demand are cumulated in a single planned order

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have following business scenario:

- REM

- a bunch of finished qoods that all use the same semifinished product as BOM component

- for both types of goods, following parameters are maintained:

MRP type PD, lot size EX

Strategy group 40

Individual/colective indicator in MRP4 = nothing

- sales orders for the various finished goods generate planned orders

- for the semifinished goods, cumulative planned orders are generated... strange is that they cumulate the demand generated by sales order for finished goods for the next two months

Wanted: individual planned orders for semifinished good when dealing with future demand. How could we achive this?

Thank you,

H.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

H,

What are the parameters you are using for the MRP run?

What is the start date of the SFG planned orders that are cumulated?

Have you defined a long-term lot sizing policy? (OMI4)?

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

Parameters: NETCH,1, 3, 1, 3, 2

The first planned order for SFG has its start date and it cumulates various demands from planned orders for FG for February & March. Actually, the production time for this whole amount of SFG would need no more that 5 days... so there would be no need to cumulate them, there is plenty of time until end of March.

Kind regards,

H.

Former Member
0 Kudos

H,

I am still waiting for answers to the questions I asked.

What is the start date of the SFG orders?

Have you defined a long-term lot sizing policy?

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please excuse my late answer. Actually, it is clear now that this behaviour can be observed just when demand is so high that the system would need to schedule planned orders ASAP. As nothing differentiates a requirement from another (it is no MTO enviroment, all client orders are equivalent), the system cumulates all requirements in one single planned order.

When I look further in the planning horizon, the demand pressure diminishes and the systems starts to create planned orders individualy for each demand.

However, it would be interesting to know if even the cumulation generated by the high immediate demand can be separated i.e., as an example:

instead of one single planned order scheduled today for three sepparate client orders to have one single planned order etc.

The lot-sizing procedure we are using is EX.

Thank you,

Horatiu

0 Kudos

Hi Horatiu,

I am also facing the same issue.For one part system is accumulating next few months demands and creating a single schedule line on current month.

Can you please suggest how to resolve the issue?? Or is there any OSS note related to the same problem.

Please suggest ASAP.

Regards,

Blessedgirl

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am afraid that I haven't found any solution to this problem... I am still in the point I was 2-3 years ago. I would be very happy to know that there is a way to get this issue under control.

Kind regards,

Horatiu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Horatiu (& Blessedgirl),

What you have described is standard behavior.  Even using EX lot sizing policy, SAP MRP will generally aggregate planned orders into a 'daily' bucket.  There is no configuration setting available to change this standard behavior.

If you are using MTO planning at the FG level, you may, of course, elect to use MTO planning down through Semi-Finished level; which will give you a one-to-one relationship between FG demands and SFG demands. (set "Individual Requirements Only" in your SFG Material Masters).

In closing, I will say that if MTO at SFG is not to your liking, then one additional possibility would be to achieve these business requirements via enhancements. Such changes are at your own risk.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy,

Thank you again...

Horatiu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

milind_kulkarni5
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi H,

Maintain "Individual/collective indicator in MRP4 = 1" & try.

Pls. Revert .

Regards,

Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Salut Horatiu!

Try this for component materials:

MM02 (disp 2)

field:

MARC-SBDKZ

Indicator determining whether the following requirements are allowed for the dependent requirements of the material:

• Individual requirements
  • Requirement quantities of the dependent material are stated individually.
  • Collective requirements
  • Requirement quantities of the dependent material are grouped together.

Use

You can maintain this indicator in the following places:

• In the material master record

The setting for the explosion type overrides that in the material master record.

Dependencies

If the material is assigned to a material type that does not allow quantity-based inventory management in this plant, you can set the indicator to individual requirements only.

If the stock is to be managed in sales order stock or project stock, the indicator must be set to one of the following options:

• Individual and collective requirements
  • Individual requirements only

If a material managed in project stock is to be procured from another plant using a cross-company-code stock transport order, the indicator must be set to 2 (collective requirements) in the issuing plant because, in this specific context, individual project stock management is not possible in both plants.