cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Network set up for Inbound pdf. docs in CG50?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a client requirement, acc. to which an Inbound vendor MSDS should be uploaded as a pdf. to the EH&S report tree. After that, the uploaded MSDS should pass a review and approval process containing three steps, before being released.

Have you been able to build a review and approval flow for uploaded external report documents?  In CG50?
E.c., the report to be reviewed and approved is an external pdf., so the report content does not derive from EH&S report tree.

I use the IBD doc type (a pdf.), and the upload transaction CG36VEN. This transaction allows he upload only with a Generation Variant that is set into a "Released" status. The next status after "Released" is "Historical" and in between these two statuses, it seems not possible to insert any additional statuses.
Is there a way to change  Gen Var. default status for the inbound documents and build a status flow?

Another question, related to this issue: in the transaction CG2B, where does the Generation Variant pick the Status selection list from?
Can this list be modified or extended in SPRO and how?

Many thanks in advance for your input!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Palin,

This is not possible with the transaction CG36VEN. as this transaction meant to upload the vendor MSDS into SAP data base. Practically no validation required again inside SAP for the vendor PDF documents. Validation must be taken place outside SAP, whether the document can be loaded or not.

If any new document comes with the same combination of specification, country and language, the old one turns to Historical automatically and new one be appeared in Released status.

You can try with the custom transaction by copying the same. I am not sure how much success rate in this. as the status are meant to a document status.

for your second question -

There is no config maintained in EHS for the statuses. this is carried out by the structure - RCGLPIOT

SPRO > EHS > Basic Data anad Tools > Report Definition > Settings for Document management > check document type and document statuses

MAY NOT BE FEASIBLE TO CHANGE IN STANDARD SAP

Regards

kamal

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Palin

Upload of PDF as inbound etc: any report (WWi or inbound) must be related to a generation variant. In the generation variant you define the "starting status" which should be used in the process. Normally "Ready" is used. Therefore you have only "one step" if a check before you would release.

It is allowed to prepare a "different" status net in comparison to SAP standard. But a number of configuration etc. would be required. At the end I believe Kamal is right: you can not use CG36VEN but you could used standard EH&S report import. If the effort of customizng etc. nneded is worth to be done is business decision.

If I remember correct: you must create a new document type (normally here IBD is used) because the status net is related to the document type.

Refer to: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/a7/2876490a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/content.htm

You can include as many Status steps between status e.g. "GS" and "CO"/"RE"

The status net topics has been described by Kamal in this thread.

C.B.

PS: you should analyse the business demand. Any status in the process can be related to "access" topics. In doings so person 1 coulds switch from Status R1 to R2; person 2 from R2 to R3 etc.

There are less companies which uses this status net like this; reason is: lack of organization within the company.

PPS: Regarding inbounds I am not sure but regarding normal WWI reports: Normally SAP is moving forward in the status net without user action. But in theory if your first status would be SW then you could try to use an acces concept together with CG50; then the user must act on the report and change step by step the status. In doing so you have a "user status net"; I can not recommend to use this process and normally you are not using it like this (but i believe it might be possible to be used)