cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identification Types in Specifications.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was creating Specifications for UN list, DG Class, Pure and Real.  (LS_UN_SUB, DG_CL_SUB, PURE_SUB, REAL_SUB)

While creating them in the header, we give the identifiers. My doubt is that what are the mandatory Identification Types for the above Specifications and what are they uses.

Regards,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

whatever you mentioned different type of substances - Real sub, pure sub, UN listed sub & DG classsification. there is no such rules to follow to maintian the specific identification types.

You have to check with the business - how they are identifying their products.

SAP has defined the ID categories in very clever manner - where we can identify the product either by Name, Number (or) formula.

Usually CAS names and IUPAC names will be used for general chemicals.

If business not interested to dealt with the above names, they can use the brand names, commercial product names, proper shipping names. some of them use directly the material description as well.

these identifiers will be used further in the transport documents, labels and reports/ forms etc.,

based on the usage, identifiers will be maintained.

These Identifiers can be managed further, Regulation wise & Region wise.

(You can find the symbols at the bottom of the Identifiers tab screen).

So that you can restrict the data in the forms, while dealing with regulations and regions.

you can find the example -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/a7/286e930a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply,

Presently I am assisting in Implementing Dangerous Goods Management for one of the clients, I am new to it.

what Identification types will be used to implement in DGM?

Regards,

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

As I mentioned earlier, this is customer/ client call. This is not a functional/ technical issue related to SAP EH&S.

This is purely data related one. ask your client what are the substances they are using and how they identify them? By Name (IUPAC/Brand/ CAS/ any other etc.,)

System accepts any identifier. there is no restriction on particular identifiers.

for ex- You can find in below link, how the IUPAC names appears.

http://www.thegoodscentscompany.com/upacname-a.html

Regards

kamal

JuanCarlosDelga
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sanjay.

It depends how you implement DG master data,

UN listed subs usually uses NAM, UN

DG classification uses UN, DG, DG-VAR

Real subs uses CAS, SYN, HIS, EINECS, IUPAC, IH, TRIV, KECI,...

As Kamal said it depends of the business.

Regards

Answers (0)