cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHS_What Specification Type to Choose When Creating a Document Template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear EHS Experts,

Im on the process of creating a document template (CG42) and I wanted to preview the template. Upon clicking the  "Start Preview" button, im prompted with a screen asking me some details. In creating the template, what Specification Type do i need to choose? Is it Template or Dangerous Goods Classification? In general, when creating a template for MSDS, which specification type should i use? Is it template or dangerous goods classification?

Thank you so much and i hope to hear from you guys soon.

Kind regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

I understand that, you have gone to T.Code CG42-  Edit Report Template. There you have created the template and now you wanted to see the preview of the template. Before that, you must have checked your template and got the message - Document template contains no errors

You can start the preview via F8 or below icon

then you will get following window asking for inputs

here you need to mention the Specification, Gen Variant Name.

Now coming to your question, which specification need to be selected. As a matter of fact, you need to select the Specification of Specification Type REAL_SUB

You can select the Specification Type: DG_CL_SUB ( Dangerous goods classification) as well to see the preview but would like to apprise you that, the standard SAP EHS data structure is as follows,

UN Listed --> DG Classification--> Real Substance

So mostly, MSDS are getting generated for Real Substance so you need to select the REAL_SUB.

There is special provision in WWI coding by which you can pull the information from DG Classification even if you are generating the Report for REAL_SUB.

So, to be precise, you need to select REAL_SUB.

Regards

Amol Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

I have tried the above procedure and had a successful preview with no error but I'm quite lost with what next step should be taken. Just to highlight that i didn't make any changes in the configuration of Specification Type "Real Substance". I believe  it is required to create a generation variant and specification prior to previewing the template. May I ask you to kindly guide me with the correct property in specification workbench? Secondly, can you please let me know how to test the report template in specification workbench? I think it would be better if you can also provide the tcodes needed.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Mark 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

Here is detailed step by step procedure

Creation of Specificaiton:

1. T.code; CG02BD, Create New (Shift + F6) , select Specificaiton Type: REAL_SUB; Authorization group: ALL and SAVE. Now go to Identifier Tab & maintain some identifier as follows,

Now maintain the data in the property tree and thus your Specificaiton got created. Note the Specificaiton Number.

Creation of Template

Transacaiton Code: CG42. enter details as follows and SAVE

Note your template name and version. In this case it is TEST and Ver 00

Creation of Generation Varaint:

Transcation Code: CG2B, Create New and enter details as follows,

Now Editing the Template and Preview

Go to CG42 again, open the template which we have created in step 3 which is TEST 00

Press F7 to edit it.

Here, you must  be aware how to create a WWI template using various report symbols.

Once you have done with coding of the template

you can start the preview by pressing F8 or 8th Icon from left

and here enter the deails as follows. In this case, it is something like below

and then you can see the preview.

Thanking You

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

Thank you so much for the guidance. It really helps.

Kind regards,

Mark

Answers (0)