cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio: possible to use the dimension member of a CROSSTAB as filter for DS_2?

le_wan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

Is it possible to use the dimension member of CROSSTAB_1as filter for DS_2?

E.g. CROSSTAB_1 shows Top 10 BPartner, I would like to see all the OrderNr. of these 10 BPartner in DS_2.

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards

Le

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried Cascading Filters?

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33798

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish - I find it easier with screen shots, so if the cascading filters don't work, please include some screen shots.

Thanks,

Tammy

le_wan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

thanks for your quick answer! Via Cascading Filters I'm only able to see the orders for each selected BPartner, right? How can I set all of the 10 BPartner as filter for DS_2 and find out all of their orders?

What I need is something like the variable type replacement path by query in the Bex queries. Something like

DS_2.setFilter("BPartner",CROSSTAB_1.getSelectedMember("BPartner"));

But I know it doesn't work this way. (Sorry for not being able to include screen shots.

)

Best regards

Le

jeroenvandera
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

i've looked in the help but datasource level you can set multiple values as filter

18.6.17 Set filter (setFilter)

Sets a filter for a dimension in the internal key format.

The existing filter is replaced.

You can specify filter values in the following ways:

• For a single member, specify the internal key, for example "US".

• For multiple single members, specify an array of internal keys, for example ["US", "DE"].

• For an interval, use the JSON-format with "low" and "high", for example {"low": "0", "high": "10"}.

• For an open range , use the JSON-format with either "low" or "high", for example {"high": "10"}.

• For a combination of multiple single members, intervals, and ranges , use for example ["0", { "low":

"10", "high": "50"}, { "low": "100" } ] .

• For hierarchy nodes, prefix the internal, fully compounded format with HIERARCHY_NODE/Node

Type/, for example HIERARCHY_NODE/0HIER_NODE/ROOT.

If you want to specify filter values with the external key format use the method setFilterExt instead.

But a dropbox, listbox etc can only deliver you one value.

You might play around with an option to build 10 Listboxes and turn each business partner on/off

and fill the DS setfilter property with these values

But you already mentioned yourself the solution to use the replacement path variable.

That is also a good solution

le_wan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

thanks! Yes, setFilter should work with multiple members. But I still haven't got the correct syntax in combination with getMemberlist yet.

Do you know if I can use Design Studio with Bex queries incl. replacement path variable? The variable seems not to be working in Design Studio.

Best regards

Le

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

According to this document Design Studio does support replacement path

jeroenvandera
Contributor
0 Kudos

not sure, the filter should work independent of design studio

basically your variable asks another query what the top business partners are and put them as filter

in your detail query.

Design studio would just get the results.

If you want to switch between say top 10 or top 25 you can work with the assigndatasource method

you build 2 bex queries and you use assigndatasource to use the top10 or top25 query based on the selected value by the user

jeroenvandera
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i see the slide 7 you're referring to.

Variables with replacement from query result are not supported, if the query again has variables that are ready for input

This scenario would however not have any interaction with DS as DS will only receive the endresult and does not have to deal with ready for input variables.

dmitry_kuznetsov1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Le Wan,

Did you manage to solve this requirement? I am facing exactly the same need of filtering on DS_2 based on the outcome of DS_1, but fail to find the right format for a filter with multiple values. The context here is Standalone (non-BW) HANA

Dimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimi,

With the New version you will be able to use the for.each function and probably split function to achieve this

Regards,

Fazith Ali Z.