Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on BPC 10 Nw Comments Upload

jayson_bocago
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How can I upload comments in BPC 10 Netweaver SP8 using Flatfile?

Is there any guide or steps on how to do this?

Regards,

Jayson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jayson,

You can do that by writing an ABAP program.

Comment table follows a fixed naming convention. BPC automatically creates tables /1CPMB/XXYYYCMT and /1CPMB/XXYYYCMTA to store comments in SAP.

In order to see the comments table, you need Appset prefix(XX) and Application prefix(YYY), which you can get from tables like UJA_APPSET_INFO and UJA_APPL.

If you want to follow an easy approach try to debug class CL_UJC_CMTMANAGER and use method cl_ujc_cmt_dao->ADD_CMT().

Let me know if it worked.

Thanks,

Deepanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jayson.

Could you solve your problem?

Was you issue save comments in a BPC report or during the initial load?

I am facing a similar probem, the client needs to load comments from excel, and obviously watch them in the reports. They load files every month and generally have comments in each one.

Greetings.

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

Give the connection name in EPMSavecomment though it is optional , try it

Regards,

Shrikant

akos_beres
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jayson,

Turn on repeat row headers on your report. It is under Sheet option -> Formatting tab and see if that solves your issue.

Akos

jayson_bocago
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for your replies.

Actually, I just want to Upload the comments that was created during planning session.

it is in an Excel, but our users need it to be uploaded and retrieved together with the corresponding Data.

I thought it was possible in BPC 10 NW. But based on your comments, it wasnt.

maybe you can help me on how can I make a dynamic comments with 3 dynamic dimension members in template.

Please see error below:

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

There is no such out of the box tool in BPC.

Can you please elaborate how you envision it and maybe we'll be able to guide you how to achieve it.

Gersh

bishwajit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gersh,

I think there is no such option to upload comments in BPC.

I know BPC comments can be saved using EPMSaveComment function..

Regards,

Bishwajit.

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bishwajit,

There is no "out f the box", but there are always workarounds.

For example, one can run a DM Package that will call a script that has BADI which can write comments.

Another option can be, routine BADI in data loads.

Still main question is: how to map comments to "cells" they belong to? Comments can be assigned to Nodes, you can have multiple comments for one member, comments can have key words, etc.

When all those questions are answered then it will be easy to come up with a "simple workaround".

Gersh