cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Express(Pop Up) in Mail Step not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear WF Experts,

I am unable to get the pop up when the Mail step with Send Express CHECKED gets completed. The mail is appearing in the SAP Inbox, but no pop.

I tried setting the Send mail step priority to 1 also, but still no go.

I have checked all the configurations in SWNCONFIG, SO16 found no issues.

In case work items with priority 1 I am able to get the pop up's.

Please help me out with the issue.

Thanks,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member468221
Discoverer
0 Kudos

It seems to be an known error within SAP_BASIS 702-731, object CL_BCS_REC_MANAGER. See SAP Notes 1679251 (info) and 1676345 (fix). Implementing the note solved the problem for us.

Regards,

Peter Vermeulen

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for that update!

former_member468221
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

Did you have a solution already for this 'problem'?

We are facing the same problem, seeing the popup for express mails created in SWBP but not when the 'express message' is sent by Workflow. After a closer look to the SAP Inbox I saw that the messages, as sent by the Workflow user, are not marked as Express message (red flas light icon), while the checkbox 'Send express' is marked within Workflow config.

Related to authorization?

Regards,

Peter Vermeulen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you set the "Express" flag?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdulla,

Yes, as I have mentioned I have set the Send Express Flag in the Send Mail step. But still no popup.

What could be the issue.

Thanks,

Harish

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What happens if you send an email manually in Express mode, does that generate a pop-up notice?

regards

Rick Bakker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

No. I also tried testing the workflow in SWUS transaction and even then it's not generating the pop up.

For WI's the pop up's are appearing.

I also tried searching in SCN a lot. None of the posts that I found have the solution for the same issue.

Thanks,

Harish

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

That's not what I suggested! What happens if you send an email yourself from SBWP and mark it Express? It could be the pop-up feature is disabled in your system.

regards

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Now able to get the pop up if I send an email from SAP Inbox manually marking the mail as an Expr. Mail.

This confirms that the configs are correct.

What could be the issue with the Workflow ?

Here I attach the screen shot of the send mail step even though there is nothing much in that.

Thanks,

Harish

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in SO16 check in the User tab, 'Execution of express messages in New session is clicked or not'.  May be that is the reason.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Okay, that narrows it down.

Try changing the workflow to send it to the Workflow Initiator (it should be in the drop-down), see what happens then.

regards

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjan/Rick,

: I enabled the setting and tried, But no go. SAP Help says:

This indicator determines whether a new session is opened when you call a function from the Express notification dialog box.

The issue is we are not getting the pop up at all.

: I tried changing the Recipient type to Workflow Initiator. Mails are getting delivered without pop up. The mail I am receiving in inbox(From WF) is having the normal unread mail icon. If I send mail manually with Expr. Mail checked from SBWP, Ill get the message attribute as Express(Icon name: ICON_ALERT). That means, WF-BATCH is not sending the mail as Express Mail ?

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Thank you for your time.

How do I go about it, Pls help !

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've never used Express mail myself and not many sites use SBWP so I'm not sure why this isn't working for you. Has anyone reading this seen it work?

You could try replacing the SendMail step with an Activity step that calls fm

SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1 but check first that it has a parameter to mark a mail as "Express".

regards

Rick

suresh_subramanian2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Harish !

There are limitations in poping up the express message.

Please check the following URL to verify whether either of the mentioned cases applies in your case :

Work item with express notification

Also check the following URL too :

Express mail pop up box not displayed

Regards,

S.Suresh.