cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Suppression in Query Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In a Query Designer report if any account has amount allocated in the profit center, even if the total company is zero, the account should appears in the report.

We are currently using zero suppression so that a lot of blank lines would be excluded; if we do not use the “suppress zero” the reports will presents a lot of lines in blank that is going to difficult the analysis. 

We need that “suppress zero” only suppress the lines that there is no amount registered. If there is any amount allocated in profit center but in  the total company is zero, the line should appears, as sample below:

The amounts show up when we modify the report without “suppress zero” .

We need that the line below appears in the reports, using the “suppress zero” (We need that “suppress zero” only suppress zero when there is no value in any profit center).

Table

Profit Center

Overall Result

Group

A

B

C

D

Not Assigned

ABC

(8000)

(10000)

How can we solve this?

Cheers~

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tnecnivo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP USER,

As far as I know, there are only 3 type of zero Suppression in BEx.

which are :-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/a4/dd3841d132d92be10000000a1550b0/content.htm

But it seems like you needed some formula to actually check the value of profit center first, if that's the case, you might need to create User exit for it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for the response. When you say I will need a formula and a user exist; where exactly am I inserting this? Both rows and columns have structures and Profit Center is a Hierarchy. How do I go about using this?

tnecnivo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP User,

Please refer to the link below for the idea on how to go about using User Exit Variables for Bex.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d09d4588-3832-2c10-e185-f778d9dbe...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understood correctly then your requirement should be handled by standard options.

Query Properties -> Rows/Columns Tab -> Active (All Values = 0)

With this option the line in example will appear in the report.

If you think this is not working then let us know.

Regards,

Sujit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

That option does not work. It removes the whole line if the over all result is ZERO. I need to keep the over all ZERO if there is a value in the profit centers even if the amount adds to a ZERO. Both rows and columns have structures and Profit Center is a Hierarchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have two structures then go to the structure properties and check the option "Only apply suppression if all elements are 0".

Regards,

Sujit.