cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout or retry parameter in SOAP sender and receiver communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Is there any retry option in Soap sender or receiver communication channel? For Example, a PI integration scenario is being triggered. But due to some network problem, timeout or any other problem on any side, integration transaction does not complete. How can we put "Retry" option in Soap channels, if in case transaction does not get done due to any problem. I want is that PI system retry again after certain time to complete the transaction. Kindly let me know.

Thanks

Regards

Imran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Retry option and retry interval for SOAP CC can be set in the RWB. You can do this by going to RWB -> Adapter Engine -> Communication Channel Monitoring, after filtering the details for your CC, go to the Settings tab and there you will see the Retry option for the CC.

For the timeout option, you can refer to SAP NOTE 856597 - FAQ PI SOAP Adapter Q:Can I configure the timeout value of my receiver adapter?

A: Yes. The default timeout value for outbound calls is 5 minutes.

You can increase this value by setting parameter XMBWS.Timeout in

the module parameter table of the SOAP adapter. The value must be

given in milliseconds. For example, value 600000 represents the

timeout value of 10 minutes. This parameter is not recognized in

systems prior to SP13.

Related Questions "Can I increase the default timeout value for the

sender adapter?"

Hope this helps,

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per Mark's suggestion you can set the Maximum number of retry, set retry interval and set the timeout parameter.

Search on SDN there are lots of threads addressing the similar issue like below.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3267887

" I want is that PI system retry again after certain time to complete the transaction. Kindly let me know."

Usually it is not possible to start retry attempts after certain time. PI will start retrying as per value of three parameters  i.e. Maximum number of retry, retry interval and the timeout parameter value.Share more details of your scenario to find out alternatives if at all this is required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bharat,

Thanks for your reply. I am actually new to PI. Ok tell me one thing. The three parameters you mentioned "Maximum number of retry, retry interval and the timeout parameter value", where i have to set these parameters.

Regards

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Maximum number of retry, retry interval -RWB -> Adapter Engine -> Communication Channel Monitoring->Select your Channel and go to Settings.

Timeout parameter -ID-> Communication Channel->Module Parameter table -> Follow SAP Note 856597