cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid table number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I really need help on resolving this issue, I have been searching a solution for quite some time now but no luck.

I am using Visual Studio 2003 (Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2500; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2500) and Crystal Report version 9.2.2.634. Funny thing is I have created few reports using the same version before but I did not encounter any error at all.

Error occured when setting the location "crReportDocument.Database.Tables.Item(i).Location"

Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InvalidArgumentException:table number.

It will work in my development machine when I tried to save the report in Crystal Report basic for VS2008. But same error occured when I tried to deploy to other machine.

Note: The report does not have a subreport.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

This would indicate you don't have the same database client installed or your assemblies are mixed up.

And which one are you using, VS 2003 or VS 2008? And then which CR assemblies are you using?

Don

And moved to .NET SDK Forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thank you for your reply.

We are actually using VS2003 for the web application that uses the report that I have created.

The CR assemblies that we are using are the following:

Version:9.1.9360.0 (Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET)

CrystalDecisions.Web.dll

CrystalDecisions.Shared.dll

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.dll

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update on the Issue: I managed to make it work by doing the following.

1. Open a report that is currently working using the full version of Crystal Report 9.

2. Save As the report and click Database > Database Expert

3. Remove the stored procedure used on the working report

4. Choose the actual stored procedure for the report

5. Deploy on IIS and error was rectified! - not sure how it worked.

Answers (0)