cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR at Phase MAIN_NEWBAS/RUN_RSCPFROM_CRR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am doing Support Packages stack update on Solution Manager 7.1 from SP04 to SP08 using SUM 1.0 SP06

I got struck with error at downtime phase MAIN_NEWBAS/RUN_RSCPFROM_CRR!, unable to proceed  further, by seeing logs it is connecting to shadow system and running jobs and job is cancelling. To verify the error i am trying to login to shadow instance but it is not allowing to login (sapgui page is not opening).

I have verified through sap mmc as shadow instance is running but why am not able to login to  shadow instance.

for error details please find attached screens and help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

Just for reference, problem solved on my side using SUM 1.0 SP5 PL13 upgrading Solution Manager 7.1 to SPS 08.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

Same issue here, did you manage to reset SUM without restoring Database Backup?

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rojano

There's no option to reset at this point. You will need to restore to point just before the switch, and then reset SUM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nader,

Do you know what is the correct SUM versión to use? I can't found any other SUM on marketplace newer than SUM 1.0 SP6 patchlevel 5.

Maybe SUM 1.0 SP5 patchlevel 13?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP came out with SUM 1.0 SP6 PL6, and it is equally bad. I used it and it gave the same error. I am currently upgrading using SUM 1.0 SP5 PL13. I will let you know if it works or not in few hours.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nader!

0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I had exactly the same  I was upgrading SAP NW MOBILE 7.1 SP04 TO SP16
, the first time last week i used SUM PL5 and it faild in phase "MAIN_NEWBAS/RUN_RSCPFROM_CRR"

anyway i had only one option i reset update and i started from scratch
I wasted alot of time again with no result even if i use the last SUM PL6 recommended by sap but  i get the sap mistake 😞

please if any one can find solution please advice me

Hicham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hicham

In SP6 there's no option to reset the SUM tool once you start the Execution phases. In order to do so, as I mentioned earlier, you must restore to the end of Preprocessing phase and then you will be able to reset.

Also, for Mobile 7.1, since this is not an upgrade, you can possibly do the support packs manually and avoid using SUM tools for now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rojano

The upgrade was successful (NW Duala stack 7.11 --> NW dual stach 7,31). I used SUM 1.0 SP5 PL13.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nader, I w'll try with that version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Once you get this error we dont have other option here, Only reset upgrade/update.

for reset steps:

1. Restore successful backup which you have taken before entering into downtime.

2. Take a backup of current usr/sap directory and SUM directory.

3. Restore entire usr direcotry, if your SUM is in other location you need to restore SUM also. (These are all directiries which you have taken backup before entering into downtime).

4. Reset update from SUM gui.

Thanks,

Venkat

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venket,

Can you paste the MMC Screenshot.

If main instance is down , try to start it manaully?

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

please find attached sap mmc screen, and let me know your suggestion.

Thanks,

Venkat

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per SAPMMC screen, your system is up. Then why are you not able to login?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Yes that is first time am facing, it should allow us to login to check error details right?

here am attaching screen of sap gui error. i have found similar problem explained in other note Note 1676865 - EHPI 702 fails in MAIN_NEWBAS/JOB_RSUPGCUA_PROD 

but as per note i tried to use emergency option however am unable to login.

please advise on this.

Thanks,

Venkat

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

As per attached screen shot this issue due to kernel .

You can upgrade the kernel to latest pacth and try to logon .

Note: Please take backup of current kernel.

Best Regards,

Atul

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venket ,

Can you paste the status of

dpmon pf=path/<instance profile>

select m and choose p

Paste the screenshot

With Regatds

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

Let me know the SUM tool version you are using. SUM 1.0 SP06 patch5 have a bug.

Please check the Note 1831282.

If you are using this version then you need to reset the upgrade and start it again.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

This error is caused due to bug in patch level 5 of SUM 1.0 SP06 and only solution as of now is to reset the update/upgrade and start from the beginning. 

SAP Note 1831282: SUM 1.0 SP6 patchlevel 5 is faulty.

Rgds,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav and Sachin,

Yes just now i came to know with SAP reply as "it is tool bug".

I have wasted 2 to 3 days here and from yesterday i am struggling with this error now SAP replied as " tool bug". 😐

In this case Why SAP is always recommended to use latest tool?

anyway now i have only one option i.e. reset update and start from scratch 😐

But how? here am in downtime, 45% completed from ABAP side and 100% completed from Java side, how can i reset it? please give me suggestions..

Thanks in advance,

Venkat

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In order to reset the upgrade, you need to restore database backup and file system backup because you already reached in downtime phase.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

Please check the SUM guide. There is a complete section on How to reset the upgrade.

SAP recommends to use the latest tool as they contain the fixes for the old bugs. Developers are already aware of this bug and working on the fix and will be available on the SMP asap.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I had the same issue and SAP provided me with that new SUM tool PL6. It just failed on me again with the same error as I was upgrading P7.11 to 7.31. On the other hand, I was able to upgrade our sandbox on January using PL 1. I am still witing for an update from SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you came to execution step - is only recover from a backup. I came across this and create a ticket. Support answered:"read the note 1831282". While no other variants.

We dont make backup of QAS system (only DEV and PRD), and now i must make new copy of PRD. This is woefully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I seem to have exatly the same problem with SUM 1.0 SP6 PL 3.

Just to let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see that SAP came out with SUM SP6 PL7. Maybe they fixed the issue in that patch.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venket,

1 .First of all check the services file whether sapgw02 is maintained or not.

2. Check the DDIC user , is locked or not.

Also provide the dumps of 00 instance as suggested by Sunny.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

1.Yes am able to see sapgw02 in services file.

2. we dont have problem with DDIC user because tool is able to connect with database.

@Sunny: am unable to find RSCPFROM.ELG file in update directory. however am providing other logs as attach.

I have one doubt here since my Java side process are completed successfully and abap part is in middle in downtime phase, shall i stop shadow instance once and start it again ( i think it may help to login to shadow instance)?

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Any help on this?

Thanks,

Venkat

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

At this point, shadow instance is no more there. Could you please login to main instance and check dump details in ST22.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Main instance not available and am not able to login also.

In SAP MMC also am unable to find original instance but my shadow instance is running as green.

why shadow instance not allowing to login?

in this case how can i go ahead?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please paste RSCPFROM.ELG log here?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

any help on this issue?

shall i stop shadow instance and start it again? will it harm upgrade?

Thanks,

Venkat