cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification when Invoice is different to Sales Order value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This sounds a bit odd but I want to put in place a notification when an Invoice that is created by our finance dept from a Delivery Docket has a different value than the originating Sales Order. This allows for the finance dept to be aware that a Sales Order isn't complete or indeed if an extra item was added to a delivery docket that wasn't on the original Sales Order.

My thoughts were to bring the Sales Order value through to the Invoice and match it to the Invoice value but I prefer a warning note rather than relying on the individual to perform this comparison check. I know a stored procedure provides a error which prevents progression so might not be the way to go.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Alan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alan,

This is an interesting requirement!

Probably thinking about this requirement and following the posts by members in this thread, would be of some learning.

1. Sales order compared with Billing document:

- It is not mandatory to have a 1:1 relationship between sales order:billing document.

In the cases e.g. for one sales order, there are multiple billing documents then there would always be a mismatch in the net value of the sales order and billing document.

Thus do some investigation w.r.t. this point; the business processes of your client organization.

2. Having a mismatch is not necessarily incorrect:

In case of sales order:billing doc is 1:1 (with identical quantities) If in copy control settings, the billing type is to re-determine pricing, then which changes in values of condition types, in the condition records, the difference in net value would be correct and accurate!

3. I would propose, check if all the delivery quantity has been billed by the finance department.

Not amount but quantity. Not at sales order level but at delivery level.

Please look into delivery note, at header level, Tab Processing, field "Bill. Doc."

User should check if the field has value = C (Fully invoiced)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input folks. It gives me more to think about.

Alan.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This allows for the finance dept to be aware that a Sales Order isn't complete or indeed if an extra item was added to a delivery docket that wasn't on the original Sales Order.

Dear

Completion of sale order is not based on Invoice value. If there is any manual condition then user can add value directly in invoice too but I am not sure if you have any manual condition. Best way is to check open orders and open deliveries. VA05N and VL06.

If you want users not to enter any extra line in delivery, you can restrict this. with this line items in sale order can be delivered only.

Still if you insist on this check then you have to write logic in RV60AFZZ user exit but this is not recommended and it will take a lot testing to cover all possible scenarios.

Thank$

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

1. Sales Order = Delivery = Billing  ( Normal Way )

2. Sales Order # Delivery = Billing ( Correction Way )

3. Sales Order # Delivery # Billing  ( Exceptional / Required Way )

Note : Please follow ,what TW said .

If you have any doubts / thoughts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren