cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MSS] How to use custom Application Configuration for Employee Information Page using SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a development where I need to enhance the Employee Profile screen in MSS by adding my own UIBB. So basically my question is to how to copy the . Note: This all done in the SAP level.

After clicking Employee Profile

It will direct me to the Employee Profile screen that I need to enhance.

From my understanding the first screen (or Team View) comes from the Webdynpro HRMSS_EMPOVERVIEW_TEAMVIEWER and the Employee Profile screen comes from HRMSS_EMP_OVERVIEW_PROFILE (at least that is what I think). So what I want to do now is to simply copy the standard application configuration from HRMSS_EMP_OVERVIEW_PROFILE, which is HRMSS_EMP_OVER_PROFILE, and copy it to ZHRMSS_EMP_OVER_PROFILE.

My question in order to use the copied Application Configuration ZHRMSS_EMP_OVER_PROFILE instead of the standard, what configurations do I need to make this possible?

I am looking around the LPD_CUST tcode under the role MSS but I cannot seem to find the place to replace the application configuration. Initially I thought it would be when I changed the application configuration of the Personal Profile page in ESS (HRESS_A_PERSINFO) but this does not seem to case in this situation.

I hope to hear from you soon. Any assistance will be most useful.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Employee Profile in this instance is being loaded via Object Based Navigation.  OBN in MSS can be configured via the NAVIGATION menu under role MSS.  You can go into this menu and change the OBN to a regular WDA application call and supply your modified configuration ID in this launchpad entry. 

I am quite certain there is also a way to preserve the OBN call here, but I have not been in an environment that required it.  If someone can supply that way to handle it, that would be great too. 

Also in the EMPLOYEE_MENU, which is run by the HRMSS_HOMEPAGE to create the dropdown menu, your link to the Employee Profile can be modified as well to have your custom app config.

Hope this helps. 

former_member194099
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The launching of employee profile on click of button is an OBN, as mentioned in response above by Justin.

Have a look at following thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3318935

Here there was similar requirement but for Organization profile.

So basically you would need to locate the iview in portal for webdynpro application HRMSS_EMP_OVERVIEW_PROFILE. Change the application configuration to your z- application configuration in the iview properties and it should work.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sagar and Justin ... yeah it looks like configuration is done on the Portal side. So I asked the portal team to apply my application configuration. It took awhile since we weren't allowed to touch portal for a week but once we did it's ok.

Thanks to both of you.

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have implemented your solution but I'm facing to a problem. The the person ID is missing.

Here is the configuration I made :

Do I miss something ?

Regards

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I foud the solution. I should set the Application ALIAS to EMP_OVERVIEW_PROFILE.

thanks anyway

Answers (0)