cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phrase Merge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am getting below error while doing the Phrase Merge Activity...

further more, got below error as well..

Can anybody guide me how to overcome this error.

Thanking You

Regards

Amol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also have reffered one note on similar pattern  -526989 but this note is for the error when it comes in Specificaiton Workbench

In my case, the similar kind of error, I am getting in Phrase Management - Phrase Merge activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

How you are doing this phrase merging activity?

via. IDOCS or any other process......

It looks like patch issues.

you can find the Notes - 798322, 865419 and also 1011566

Regards

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kamal,

Thanks for the reply.

I have gone through the notes which mentioned that correction instructions are deliverd for

EA-APPL - Release 500

where as my system is already at

EA-APPL - Release 605

which indicate that, the correction must be there already...

what else I can check now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Amol,

check for the authorizations.

the Notes - 875160 & 853275 mentioned related to authorization, similar to your issue.

Regards

kamal

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

only an idea: I assume you checked the prerequisites for phrase merging as well

e.g.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/a7/286fb60a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/content.htm

SAP marketplace does not show up recent OSS notes related the topic. Nether had similar problem

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Can you please advise me how to set up a Background Job for 'Phrase Merge'

Currently I am doing 'Online'

Also, I have checked the prequisite section and I am fulfilling the same.

One more update - I have tried to Merge ONE phrase, that works fine, for one phrase merge, not getting any error

Regards

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

RC1PHMLT is the program to merge the phrases. you can schedule this batch wise.

check the possibilities, that you would like to run this after any other job completion or Date/time.

as you mentioned you are doing this activity online - it's up to you, how you would like to schedule.

Regards

kamal 

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

if you e.g. refer to:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/a7/2870b20a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/content.htm

it is explained that under some circumstances the "merging" might take time. May be this is the reason why you get buffer problems; I am using this functionality very rarely; in "phrase combining" you can execute that as "background job"; I assumed that this might be possible as well in "Phrase merge" but I have not used both functionlities since many years; it might be possible that i mixed "combine" with "merge"; so I am sorry.

The error code as referred above seems to indicate that there is a problem in generating a phrase translation. ESTPP is the table of the translations etc.

Are you using "normal" languages in the phrase you woud combine? no hebrew etc.?

The error text could indicate that there is a problem in "moving" translations (C14G_Text_Create_via_copy); may be try again seting a breakpoint in this function module etc.

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kamal

could you please check your hint; may be you could add some information on the top? RC1PHMLT seems to be the report to "combine" phrases. I found no indication that it can be used as well for "merging" but it might be possible (http://www.se80.co.uk/sapreports/r/rc1p/rc1phmlt.htm)

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph & Kamal,

Thanks for the help so far...

based on your feedback here is the summary

1) Authorization Check - As I have elaborated, in Development this activity is working fine and getting problem only in Quality. So I've checked the Authorization in both the system and found that, Authorization is exactly same in 2 environment. Even checked the 'Parameters' &'profile' tab in the same screen but they are also exactly same

2) After getting the error, I have checked SU53 and it also showing that, Authorization succeeded.

3)  Kamal: As correctly identified by Christoph, the program you have mentioned is for Phrase Combine and not for Phrase Merge... ( so again I do not know, whether phrase Merge can be done in Background mode or not, if yes, how to do that )

5) Regarding the point christoph has raised about the load, I would like to convey that, i am doing this activity only for 131 phrases... and still getting error. In Development, I've done phrase merge for 1200-1300 phrase at a time and still through

6) SAP Note: I found one note bit relevant to it which is shown below but this is also implemented here

SAP Note 1129264 - Error when you merge phrases

I'm also trying hard to overcome this issue but not through...

I will be glad, if you put some more ideas which I can test... will be great help..

Thanking You

Regards

Amol

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

a.) please check customizing quality/dev. Any transport missing on dev related to phrase management?

b.) how did you prepare the phrases in quality and / or development? Is there a difference in approach?

c.) is there a "problem" with number ranges in test / dev?

These are the options used normally to make available the phrases in quality/dev:

1.) export of phrases from prod and import them into dev / test

2.) executing a "refresh" so that database of test is the same as prod

I am not sure if RC1PHDEL is applicable here (run on dev and test) but might help.

Check: RC1STPHR. May be this report might help as well

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

It's very easy to identify the problem, if you have one system working.

most of the authorization objects may not appear in SU53 screen.

run the same process in both the environments and check the trace using ST01, and cross check if any changes there in authorizations.

In this entire process, there are couple of things happens like - new record generation, update the value to other record, delete the one of the record, etc.,

for every action, there is one authorization object behind and these cannot be captured in SU53.

Regards

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Problem Solved.

Issue reported to SAP and we got it through then...

Thanks a lot Kamal & Christoph for your excellent support !

Regards

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amol,

would you mind to share the solution?

We have the identical situation / issue, assigned SAP_ALL to the user, have patched everything to the latest and greatest, still the issue exists.
Contacted SAP, but we have not a solution yet...
A hint / starting point would be grealty appreciated!

Thanks

Christian