Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MMC cannot connect to sap service

ralf_wahlen3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

MMC cannot connect to sap service

Hello,

I have installed MMC on a Win 7 machine where sap is not installed and i am trying to add the Linux system servers in MMC and get 2 sucess messages, but when i add one system in the SAPMMC with a instance number 66, i am getting the error "  Cannot connect to sap service on. webservice error 21.the server name or address could not be resolved winhttpsendrequest failed in plugin_winhttpfsend().DCOM interface error : 800706BA.The RPC server is unavailable ".

I checked that and see that the sapstartsrv process in running on both Linux systems and everything is fine! But still when i add the system with

the instance number 66, in SAPMMC i am getting the above error for this linux system only! The settings in the properties Tab are not modifyable!

Is the reason the  instance number 66?

Can you suggest me for any possible solutions.

Regards,

Ralph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

In the MMC right click on the main Node and go to properties > Fixed > here we can see the existing entries and we can add the new entries. but we can not edit the existing entries, any how it is not require to edit those entries. instead of editing we can remove and add the new entries.

please try again and let me know. please ping the Linux server and check firewalls also.

i recently added the many systems like you. i didn't face any error.

Thanks

Kishore Cherukumalla

ralf_wahlen3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

Thanks for the reply. 3 minutes after opening the call, i fixed it yesterday! The editing of the entrys in the fixed instance list is not possible.( right)

Only delete and add new! So i deleted yesterday the

entry for the Sol Man with the instance DVEBMGS66 and added only the hostname + 66

in the fixed instance list! 

If you use hostname + DVEBMGS00 it works.

hostname entry without the full instance and 00 it works!

if the instance not gots the instance Nr 00 the entry should be only hostname +  the instance Numer ( Open your eyes) @myself

Thanks to Kishore and Atul, right what they wrote yesterday to me!

Thx Ralph

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

chhotanbarua
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

SAPMMC conn't connect to SAP service from my laptop. SAP service running in RHEL 6.4. I had maintain host entries in laptop. Getting following error:

regards,

Chhotan Barua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you perform any kernel upgrade recently?

If not, please try to restart all the services related to SAP & DB and check again.

If possible, try to do a whole system restart and find out whether it fixes your issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Please check sapstartsrv process on linux server and also check port 5nn13 used by it.

The TCP ports 5nn13 and 5nn14 are related to the sapstartsrv process.By default, the sapstartsrv uses only HTTP, so you need to open only theTCP port 5nn13 to any SAP server that you want to be able to monitor /control through the MMC or URL/HTTP.

Best Regards,

Atul