Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAOP to IDOC and IDOC to SOAP Asynchronous scenario

former_member593220
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have new requirement to develop some 10 interfaces from Webservice server to SAPand vice versa. And the solution which they have praposed is..

SOAP ---> PI ----> IDOC and IDOC ---> PI ----> SOAP in Asynchronous mode.

My query is, is it possible to develop these scenarios like SOAP to standard IDOC and IDOC to SOAP in Asynchronous mode without using any BPM and further configurations except IR and ID development in integartion builder..?

I didn't have experience in implementing SOAP scenarios. So please kindly suggest me on this, how i can take this forward. If this possible (Async)

Please share me some links where i can go through the STEP by STEP development.

Thanks in Advance..!

--

With Warm Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj ,

You can achive this by usine below steps .

1. Import the idoc which will be used in the message mapping at source side in IR

2. create SOAP data type , message type and message interface

3. Create a Message mapping and import the Idoc and Soap Message type and do the mapping 

accordingly.

4. Do operations mapping and activate the scenario.

5. In ID create Sceanrio , soap receiver channel , receiver agreement , receiver determination and interface determination

For the Soap to idoc do the reverse step.

Regards

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Please Do the below steps to import the idoc into PI system

Settings in ECC:

1. Create Logical System in ECC for PI and ECC system using tcode BD54

2. Assign the clients to logical system using tcode SCC4

3. Create RFC destination of type R/3 to PI using tcode SM59

4. Create Port to PI system using tcode WE21

5. Create Partner Profile and assign your inbound and outbound idocs using tcode WE20

6. Distribute your idoc using tcode BD64

Setting in PI to import the Idoc:

1. Create RFC Destination in PI to ECC using tocde SM59

2. Create port to ECC using tcode IDX1

3. Import Idoc metadata into PI using tcode IDX2

After doing this steps successfully you can able to import the idoc into PI Repository.

For WSDL creation steps:

1.  If your third party is providing the wsdl then you don't need to create again ask them for wsdl and import the wsdl into PI using External Definition and use this wsdl as your source interface(SOAP->IDOC)

You need to generate the wsdl in PI ID and give the URL to your third party guys.

The same way you have to do for IDOC->SOAP.  Idoc settings will work both Outbound an Inbound Scenarios.  When receiver is SOAP you have to ask the third party for URL which you need to configure in SOAP Receiver Channel.

Thanks,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Offcouse you should design SOAP to IDOC and IDOC to SOAP in async mode.

In Sender SOAP you need to create WSDL & provide it to the sender application. WSDL you can create-

Go to Integration directory -> tools --> define webservice -> open wizard ->

http://host:J2EE port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=<party>:<service name>:<communication channel>

While SOAP as received you need to import WSDL provided by the receiver application & import in the system but you should know the end points of the webservice & action.

Let me know if you more details aboit this

Regards,

Ashish

former_member593220
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thank you.. Can you please provide some documents, which can guide how to create/Import the WSDL into PI...

Thanks in Advance..!

--

With Warm Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

To import wsdl, you need create extenral definition present under interface objects. Select catagory as wsdl. Select the corresponding wsdl that you want to import.

While creating serive interface you need to request type as external definiton & select your external definition.

Now you have service interface corresponding to your wsdl , you can create mapping etc.

To configure the ID part, you ca get  target url in wsdl itesef. search on soap:address there you will get the target url. you can get the soap action by searching soap:operation.

You can take the below document for your develoment & configuration.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d23cbe11-0d01-0010-5287-873a2202...

Let me know if any further questions.

Regards,

Ashish

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well said Udo, as IDoc is involved in your scenario, BE is any way not going to support your scenario.

EO or EOIO are the only ways available to get rid of, though your web service supports synchronous activities, it can be SOAP to IDoc and IDoc to SOAP configuration.

BPM involvement is not at all required until and unless any specific requirement need to be achieved.

From learning point of view, instead of getting into SOAP to IDoc scenario, try to figure out how exactly Sender and Receiver SOAP and similarly Sender and Receiver IDoc Adapters works and implement accordingly.

Enough documents are available on SCN for similar scenario.

Hope it helps.!

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You can achieved this by developing 2 scenarios.

1. SOAP to IDOC

2. IDOC to SOAP

Check the below link for idoc configurations and step by step process to create the scenario.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/720638

Thanks,

Satish.

former_member593220
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thank you.. I have gone through the link which you have provided. It is pretty good. Can you please provide me th eend to end development flow for Asynchronous SOAP to IDOC scenario and IDOC to SOAP scenarios..?

Thanks in Advance..!

--

With Warm Regards

Raj

former_member593220
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks you..

--

With Warm Regards

Raj

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no need of BPM. For SOAP to IDoc as well as for IDoc to SOAP, you can ask the web service team to give u the structure of the web service request. You will need this structure to create the external definition for both scenarios.Make sure that in the IDoc to SOAP, the message that goes into the webservice is as per the WSDL. Also for the IDoc to SOAP scenario, ask for the webservice URL & user authentication,if any for logging into the webservice. If the webservice is an external webservice, you will need to configure WS navigator in NWA to call this webservice.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>is it possible to develop these scenarios like SOAP to standard IDOC and IDOC to SOAP in Asynchronous mode

Yes, asynchronous it the first choice and the only way for IDocs.

>>without using any BPM and further configurations except IR and ID development in integartion builder..?

It depends. If the web services to be used are synchronous you need to build a kind of a bridge, may be with BPM and the challenge is going to be complexe.

Of course you need to configure the SAP system for sending and receiving IDocs, same for the web server, which need to offer and to consume web services.

Regards,

Udo

former_member593220
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Thanks for your valuable inputs... , here they have designed the solution also. Which would be Asynchronous SOAP to IDOC and IDOC to SOAP scenarios only by using standard IDOC.

I have searched in SCN to get some step by step procedure to configure without luck.

Requesting you to please share me some good links to go through these scenarios..

Thanks in Advance..!

--

With Warm Regards

Raj.